Episode 3

When we last saw our heroes, they had arrived in Mauville City and Lune claimed his third Hoenn League badge. Now, with directions from the Gym Leader Wattson, he prepares to claim the fourth and onward. However, Team Aqua once again reared their heads back in Slateport and there was no sign of this Team Magma anywhere. No doubt a confrontation is on the horizon.

                                    Scalding Hot Scuffles!

                                    Team Magma Erupts!

After claiming his badge, Lune and company find a place to rest after a VERY long day. Upon the next day's arrival, Lune was prepared to head north per Wattson's recommendation. However, he decided to go east to Route 118 instead, and do something he hadn't done before.

Cassie(Confused): Fishing?

Lune: Yup. I've had this Super Rod for a while now, and while I've used it in friendly competitions with Misty back in Kanto, I've never used it to get a new member of the team. That changes today!

Cassie: I see.

Lune: Now all I need is bait, and I've got just the thing.

Lune: This Pokeblock oughta do. Good thing the case Lisia gave had a few pre-made. Now then, let's see what I get!

Lune reels back and casts his line into the water with his bait and plays the waiting game. For a few seconds nothing was biting, but that's when he felt a tug on the line. With all the strength he could muster, he starts to reel and pull back on the rod to bring in his catch. Alas, when he pulled the rod back fully there was no bait, and worse, no catch. It got away...

Lune(Upset): *Snaps fingers* Dang it.

Cassie: Better luck next time I guess.

Scarlet: *Pats shoulder*

Lune: Thanks girls. I suppose I can give it another go.

Lune brings out another Pokeblock to try a second time. Unfortunately, the results remained the same, whatever was biting knew how to wriggle food of the hook. Before Lune can a Pokeblock on the hook for a third time, he hears a splashing noise. Turning towards the water, he can see a wild Carvanha floating atop the water eying Lune down, or more accurately, the Pokeblock in his hand. Lune waved it back and forth, watching the Carvanha's gaze follow it. Lune chucks the Pokeblock into the air, as the Carvanha leapt up and gobbled it before it even hit the water.

Lune: Hungry little guy aren't ya? Hmmm... Oh, I have an idea.

Lune preps another Pokeblock, making sure his free hand is at the ready. He chucks the bait high into the air as Carvanha leaps up after it. With it in the air, Lune quickly throws a Lure Ball, hitting it spot on. The ball plops in the water and three shakes and a CLICK, "Lock-Jaw" was caught!