Chap 3. The Hotel

(I've given up on editing the goth mavis things, for now it'll just be movie frames)

Mavis and I stop at an alleyway beside the hotel so we don't just fly right in.

"I think I still have whatever that inn keep put in me flowing through me, I think I'm gonna pass out" I exhale as I collapsed onto Mavis, who held me up pretty easily due to her Vampire strength.

"Yeah I can still smell whatever it is in your blood, but it's getting weaker" She stated as she dragged me towards the hotels lobby. But she stopped for a moment.

Memories of the Hotel quickly flashed in Mavis's mind, she realised that while humans like myself are kind, there are also others like the inn keep who clearly aren't as friendly.

She knew she couldn't abandon me but bringing me to the Hotel was risky with how her Father was acting, she'd have to hide me till I was healthy and figure out what happened back at the Inn.

"Y/n, how do you feel about going to a... different hotel?" Mavis asked me as she propped me in her arms for flight again.

"Anywhere... away from that- Inn! ...at this point" I groaned in a haze, Mavis simply nodded and flew off with me in her arms.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Back at the said Hotel
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Dracula had tricked his close friends into hunting down Mavis, saying she went missing after she left the first time since they weren't aware that she ever returned.

He had gathered Wayne to track her scent, who apparently couldn't do that anymore so his daughter Winnie had to do it for him. And Frank and Murray were on muscle duty.

They were storming through the forest, towards the nearest human town that Winnie had pointed towards, when they heard a familiar swooping sound of a flying vampire go over-head towards the Hotel.

The group quickly calmed down, realising that Mavis was just a little late, while Drac had confused thoughts, was she hurt and returning for help? Did she think running away was a little over-reactive?

But he then caught the smell of something odd, something that Winnie understandably hadn't smelt before so she couldn't recognise it.

A human.

Dracula ran full speed back to the castle, leaving the rest in the dust.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Back with Mavis and Y/n
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Mavis held Y/n close, doing her best to keep him warm, but the swift breeze from flying made that a little hard. She flew past a scent cloud on her way to the Hotel, the smell of her Father and his friends surprised her for a moment, but she quickly understood.

"Dads not gonna be happy" she told herself as the only pair of hearing ears nearby were on an unconscious Y/n.

She flew into her window and placed Y/n onto her bed, then placing her stuff she had packed back into her wardrobe.

"Okay, new plan, I'll help Dad learn that Humans aren't bad with Y/n's help... well most humans... I hope" Mavis continued to talk to herself as she went over to Y/n and put the bed sheets over him to keep him warm, while also taking another sniff to smell that whatever was in his blood stream was slowly going away.

She could hear him before he got there, the echoing sound of his footsteps at high speed through the hotel. She sighed and stood up from her kneeling spot beside her bed, walking over to her door and opening it to be met with her Father, who instantly locked eyes with Y/n's unconscious body in the bed. Mavis pushed her Father out of the doorway and into the hall, she exited with him and closed the door behind her.