Chapter 2

A/N: Ayo, what's up? Small TW, there will be slight sexual tension in this chapter. Slight. Because it's in the game. No real smut. Sorry, horny lovers. But, hey, you get some lol.

[Y'all Already Know.]

   Y/N woke up, sun shining in his face. He shivered as he felt a cold breeze. He sat up, looking towards his now open window. He was confused. He always kept it closed. It would get cold in here if he didn't. He stood up and stretched. He then walked over to his window, closing and locking it. He looked over at his clock. 9 o'clock!? He was late for work! He quickly threw on his work clothes and rushed to the bathroom to ready himself. He rushed towards the front door but was stopped by Lucy.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." She smiled, "Coffee?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, Lucy." He replied, "I'm late for work! I got to go!"

"That's fine, sweetheart." She smiled, "Have a good day."

"I'll try." He closed the door and rushed down the hallway.

He ran past Mr. William on the way out the front door of the apartments, "Mr. L/N. Aren't you usually at work at this time?"

"Yes, sir, I'm very late." He panted, "It's nice to see you, though."

  Y/N waved as he ran out the door. Rushing down the sidewalk, panting heavily. Mr. William shook his head. He ran inside and rushed to the kitchen. He reached out to clock in but realized he already was. Strange. He grabbed his apron, quickly slipping it on and tying the back. He heard the sound of dishes and glanced over to see T.K. setting a few plates into the sink. When T.K. noticed him, and they wandered over.

"Where have you been, Y/N?" Their tone was a mixture of concern and annoyance, though Y/N only heard the annoyance. "I've been covering your shift for the past hour."

"Thank you so much, T.K." He said, "I'm so sorry, my alarm didn't go off, I was sure I had made sure it was set." He ranted, "I hope it wasn't too much trouble."

"It's okay, Y/N, no need to flip. You've been stressed lately. You probably needed that extra hour of sleep." They said, "But, have you seen the lobby?"

Y/N looked towards the lobby, his eyes widened. "Holy moly, Sundays are usually extremely slow! What are all these people doing here?"

"Tourist bus." T.K. responded, "You better get out there."

"Right…" He said, backing towards the lobby to do his job, "I'm sorry again!"

"It's really okay, Y/N."

"No, it's not!" He rushed out to the lobby.

T.K. smiled and shook their head.

   Y/N rushed around, sometimes stumbling over his words, taking orders. He was used to this job, but he still sometimes got anxious when taking orders. And, these elderly people weren't nice like the ones he'd talk to and feed the birds with in the park. They were rude. Complaining about their food as if Y/N had anything to do with their food being wrong. A few times, he had hot coffee splashed on him, or food thrown in his face. He tried his hardest not to break down and start crying. He'd learned over the years of working at this crummy diner how to hold it in until his break. And then he'd go have a mental breakdown in the bathroom (Me lol). He didn't have time to go and clean up properly, so he'd have to whip the burning coffee or messy food off with his apron. Well, actually, most of the time, their coffee was ice cold. How the cooks in the back managed to give them cold coffee he had no idea, but he was glad. He wasn't exactly excited to get third-degree burns. After a while, it finally died down. He sighed with relief, ready to go take off his apron and take a break. Before he could get his apron untied, T.K. cleared their throat to get Y/Ns attention.