Part 14

CARREL POV

Because of the unbelievable and inhumane rules here in the rancho, I gritted my teeth and furrowed my brows, clenching my fists in a futile attempt to control my emotions.

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, to let out all the pent-up rage that I had been holding in since I arrived in this godforsaken rancho. Instead, I settled for muttering curses under my breath.

I ran my fingers through my hair, tugging on it in frustration, almost wanting to pull it out. It felt like the rules were specifically designed to make my life miserable, and I couldn't help but feel trapped and suffocated.

Staff: Maam, pasensya na po talaga. Need po talaga namin ng request from Sir Salazar para sa check-in nyo po dito sa hotel. Pakisuyo na lang po kay Sir Salazar na tumawag dito kung—

Carrel: He will surely not let me check-in here, Ate. If he wants to, dapat na-book na ako ng room here. Just give me the simple room, economy room, or whatever is fine with me. Please, ate.

Pagmamakaawa ko kay ate.

Oh, yes!

Rancho Castillo #3 Rule: Once a member brings a guest, they are responsible for booking a room for them if they want them to stay at the Rancho Hotel. Otherwise, the guest may stay in the member's villa. Guests cannot check in alone without prior notice from the member.

Staff: Hindi po talaga pwede, Maam.

I can feel the emotions in the staff's words that even if they want to, it's really not possible.

Checkmate. Now I know!

Kung bakit ganun na lang sya nag "OKAY" saken kanina nung sinabi ko na sa hotel ako magstay. Alam na alam talaga nya na babalik at babalik ako sa villa ng loko na yun.

"Is that you, Ms. Garcia?"

Carrel: Hey! Yeah, Simon!

Thank you, Lord! Sya na ba ang makakatulong saken?

Simon: I heard you are with Elczar.

Carrel: Ahm.. Yeah... Can I ask you a favor?

Simon: Sure, kung kaya ko....?

Carrel: It's just simple, can you book me a room here?

Simon looked at me with despair.

Carrel: Does it mean.... You can't?

He simply shook his head, sadly pouted, and then tapped me on my shoulder.

Simon: I wish you a peaceful stay here in Rancho Castillo, even while sharing a roof with Lucifer's minions.

After Simon bid his farewell, a wave of hopelessness and helplessness washed over me.

I was left alone with my thoughts, pondering how I would survive living under the same roof with that jerk!

I found myself standing outside his villa and realized I didn't have a choice but to enter. I was about to knock, but then I wondered if the doorknob was locked.

Click!

It seemed he knew I would come back, as he didn't bother to lock the door. I quietly opened the door and entered.

The inside had a minimalist aura, with a theme of white and grey. The color scheme of his house reflected his personality.

And he, upon opening a door where he suddenly appeared.

Elczar: This is my guest room. You can stay here, but I will let my room door open whenever you want to get in.

He gave me a mischievous smile that made my blood boil and made me curse him in my mind alone.