Part 9

Mima POV

I took a cup of tea that was served and took a sip of it.

Unknown Man: Its been a months now Mrs. Old Salazar.

Mima: Just wait for it. I know my grandson. Kapag lalong pinipilit, lalong ayaw magpapilit.

Unknown Man: My daughter is not getting younger, same with your grandson.

Mima: Speaking of, Elczar will celebrate his 29th birthday next month. I'm inviting you and bringing your daughter there so we can introduce them personally. Right?

And I left a sweet smile. After a short talk with a good friend, I went to The Salazar Royal Building to visit my grandson.

Mima: How is your work?

I asked casually. Elczar just took a short glance at me before I took a seat on the sofa. He then got back to the folder he had in his hands, probably reviewing some paperwork.

Elczar: Nothing's new.

Mima: Hmm. I heard that Mr. Tan asked you for a partnership.

Elczar: They asked me to date their precious daughter.

Mima: Oh! Then go for it.

He just stared blankly at me and got back to work.

Mima: Tan Enterprises is one of the great people in Esperanza. Though their place is a bit far from us, I dont mind if you will stay there once you take over the—

Elczar: That will never happen, Mima.

Mima: It's fine then. Now, let me know how your pursuit of Carrel is going?

He just shook his head, which means nothing.

Mima: Hmm. Well, inaasahan ko din naman na hindi ka magku-kwento. I got my own resources. Carrel is in the rancho castillo while you were there too. Nababagalan ako sayo apo, kaya ako na ang gagalaw.

Elczar: No, Mima! Leave it to me. And please, just stay put and trust me. I'm your great grandson, The Great Elczar, right?

Mima: Hmm, not at all. You're not that great since you can't even ask Carrel out on a single date. All you two do together is fight about businesses.

The intercom ring on the Elczar table.

Elczar: Yes, Jena?

Jena (receptionist): Sir Salazar, Ms. Carrel Garcia is here and wants to speak with you. But upon checking, there's no scheduled appointment for Ms. Garcia with you—

Elczar: Tell her to wait, I will go now.

My grandson quickly closed the folder he was holding and grabbed his coat.

Elczar: See?! Carrel misses me, so you don't have to worry. See you later, Mima!

And in just less than a minute, my grandson disappeared from my sight.

Mima: Hmmp. Ayaw-ayaw ka pa nung una, tapos ngayon mabilis ka pa sa alas-kwatro dyan?! Ay sows, ang mga kabataan talaga ngayon.