Farewell Nevermore Academy - 2

She was awoken by the sounds of stairs creaking and thumping outside her door before a pattern of knocks.

Just when I was getting comfortable, she scoffed internally and left her bed to make whoever dared to meet their fate.

The door opened and presumably a teacher walked in with a potted flower along with a few packages, she adjusted her glasses and smiled, "Ah, good evening, Wednesday! Sorry about the mud-" she giggled, shaking her boot.

"I just wanted to make sure you were settling in!" she examined the opened bags and the pack on the table with rolls of fabric, the goth being glad that she had concealed them.

"Still unpacking?" she chimed.

"No," Wednesday said monotonously, "your presence had disrupted my resting time to which you find yourself lucky being a teacher and so I leave your state of being unharmed and solid on the outside."

The teacher's wide eyes blinked after a solid minute of shock from the response, but then just gave a hearty small laugh remembering that Wednesday was a special case, "It seems it was a bad time."

"Very."

"Well, I'm Miss Thornhill, your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn't here to greet you when you arrived. I will be your guide tomorrow and give you the good old Nevermore welcome."

"How hospital of you."

"Here's a little welcome gift from my conservatory. I try to match the right flower to each of my girls!" the teacher approached the goth and handed her the potted flower where she observed the pitch-black delightful beauty from it.

"When I read your personal statement in your application, I immediately thought of this one."

"The black dahlia."

"Oh, you know it?"

Wednesday internally rolled her eyes and scoffed at the teacher, and she says she read my application.

"Of course. It's named after my favorite unsolved murder," she stared down at the little dark petals, "thank you."

"Okey-dokey. Before I leave, I want to go over a few house rules-"

"There is no need, all I require is the lights off time," Wednesday cut in and took the remaining packages from Miss Thornhill's hands.

"Um, 10 o'clock."

"That is all, I will remain here alone and quiet," she said before setting the potted flower and boxes on the desk, pulling out more items from her luggage, "goodnight."

Miss Thornhill nodded and decided to let her be, "All right, great talk! Uh, I'll see you in the morning to show you around the school, yes?"

No response.

She just shrugged and quietly closed the door, leaving Wednesday to her business. She'll be fine, there won't be any trouble.

~

A new day has arrived and the sun shined brightly into the goth's room. It gave a nice orange lava tint, a burning feeling given off.

Her dark eyes opened immediately with no hesitation, she uncrossed her arms and sat up smoothly without effort.