T H E - E N C O U N T E R

"I swear I'll only make you cry

"I swear I'll only make you cry."
——

"Bye Vic!" Beth yelled to her friend, starting her long journey home. Victor just smiled  before quickly shutting his door due to the chilly night air.

The two hung out all day, watching movies and playing video games. It was now 8:00 pm, the time she told her mother she'd be home by.

Beth was dreading going home all day, not wanting to see her mothers creepy boyfriend. But she did miss Patrick, who was not too fond of her going to another males house.

Skipping down the dark side walk, she noticed the street lights starting to flicker. No cars or people were out tonight, which was strange considering it was the weekend.

Suddenly, the lights went out all together, leaving Beth alone in the dark. She contemplated on wether she should go back to Victors house, but decided against it. The girl did not want to bother him with driving her all the way home.

The two lived a good bit from each other, that's part of the reason why Beth was on foot this late at night.

The brunette continued on walking, enjoying the beautiful scariness of the woods that surrounded her. She shivered at the tiny rain droplets starting to fall, wishing she would have brought a jacket or worn a sweater.

"Hello there!" A voice called, grabbing her attention. Startled, she whipped her head around, being met with no one. "Dark night out, isn't it?" The voice came again, causing Beth's eyes to scan her surroundings.

"Who is that?" She asked out loud, picking up her pace. "It's me!" It laughed. "Everyone knows me."
Beth's eyes furrowed, confused at the statement. "What do you mean? Do we go to school together?"
Beth's body started to shake lightly, becoming bothered by the unknown person.

All of the street lights came back on quickly, causing the person to appear in front of her. It was the clown from her dreams. Standing at 6'8, it towered over her intimidatingly.

"Your fear smells delicious!" It growled, grinning at his victims shaky demeanor. Beth snapped out of her daze, inhaling a big breath. The clown sighed, pushing her shoulders back harshly. "If you scream, I'm going to have to kill you now."

The girl did not listen, instead letting out a blood curdling yell, feeling proud of how startled her attacker looked. The clown grew angry, stepping closer to her. She moved around him and darted forward, not looking back.

His laughs bounced around the street, getting closer and closer with each step she took. Looking around, she spotted a long sharp stick laying in the damp grass. Beth made a sharp turn to the area, catching the clown off guard.

As soon as the stick was firmly in her hand, It dragged her back, making her land on her bottom. Glancing up at him, she got her stick ready to lash. "You stupid little girl, think you can get away for me."