T H E - E N D

"Ill love you for a thousand years

"Ill love you for a thousand years."
——

Fixing up his bow tie, Patrick stared into his reflection.
Today was Beth's funeral, so the boy was putting on his suit, trying to stay strong.

He never really thought falling in love could hurt this bad. Especially when she left him forever. His stomach was feeling fuzzy as he walked outside and into his fathers work truck. The boys parents were also attending the service, as was everyone else in town.

School was canceled, since it was taking place on a Friday. "Get in the car now! Go on hurry hurry!" Patrick's mother, Anna, yelled, her perfect curled hair bouncing with each step she took.

The teen rolled his eyes from the back seat, pulling his safety belt around his waist. The car ride there was filled with Anna and her husband talking about the newest film coming to theaters.

Patrick's mind was somewhere else though, a nice place. He imagined him and Beth sitting under a large tree, his head in her lap. She was wearing a white flowing dress with her hair cascading like a water fall down her back. Little flowers of all colors and sorts stuck out randomly in her brunette locks.
She was reading him a book he couldn't see clearly, but that didn't matter. He was in heaven.

Suddenly the vehicle abruptly stopped, jerking Patrick out of his thoughts. "Be on your best behavior son, don't want any complaints." His father warned, slamming the car door behind him.

"Patrick listen to your father! We want no trouble today." His mother hissed, being the next one to get out of the car.

The boy rolled his eyes and followed behind, stuffing his hands in his pockets. He felt all sorts of emotions walking into the church, the atmosphere changed.

He felt devastated that she was gone, angry at the clown, but somehow proud that the marks on her body showed that she fought back.

Police were puzzled at this case. They found it rather odd that Beth's body was the only one that was recovered . They ruled it as an animal attack , due to the messiness of the crime scene.

Belch wouldn't talk to him after the incident. Patrick felt like Belch thought that he killed her. Everyone had their own speculations, but the most popular one was that Patrick murdered her in cold blood.

The police didn't believe that theory, simply because of the boy's panicked manner and no knowledge of where the she was.

Patrick's head was down, grabbing a pamphlet from a small table beside the doors. A picture of Beth was plastered on the front, a bright smile lighting her face.

He folded it up and shoved it in his pocket, taking a seat in one of the pews. "Hey man, I'm glad you could make it." Victor said sadly, patting his friend on the back. He got no response though, Patricks eyes trained on the casket at the front of the room.