One flame...

Z,

A few months later...

The months kept rolling and we kept living our lives the best way we could. It was a lovely sight coming in from the shop, seeing Harry waiting for me all beautiful on the sofa. It was even more amazing how he insisted on keeping everything clean and well-kept. Even when he wasn't there, when a job kept him in the city and he'd stay at his flat, the house still smelled and felt like him.

Living our life in secret was fantastic and we were better than before.

We had made it through the winter, with the rain and the cold ways, navigating into the summer months.

The second anniversary of our failed wedding came and went. That day was awkward...we didn't know what to do or what to say on that particular day. It was still fresh in our minds and my heart.

So, we pushed forward and onward covering up any sense of awkwardness with chores and regular day stuff. At night, when we slept, Harry was particularly caring and loving. I don't think we've ever made such a sweet moment. He kissed me all over and treated me gently and slowly. He put some music on, and we loved the sound of romantic ballads. I didn't say what it was. He didn't say it either. We agreed to keep the date to ourselves. But it was a beautiful night.

Time went on and we grew stronger and stronger. However, after dodging lies and misdirection it was only a matter of time until the truth caught up with us.

I arrived at Liam's flat and immediately I knew I was in for an interesting time. He had just bought a two-story condo, dead in the middle of the city centre, on one of the highest buildings with a mouth-dropping view. I guess all the investments he made in Bitcoin and real estate paid off.

I got to his flat, saw the door already open and was amazed at the fact that he had an entire floor just to himself. I walked in seeing the sea of people, all well-dressed: women in high heels and short cocktail dresses, men in blazers. I felt like a bum. I had chosen a slick black blazer, with a matching shirt and pants. My shirt was opened down to my chest, showing the new tattoo on my chest. My hair was now short again, with a faded undercut and all slicked back.

The flat was ridiculously large, with a 360º view, tall windows, and clean spaces. The DJ was on the terrace blasting music into the apartment. A makeshift bar was set in the kitchen with two bartenders, while three others roamed the space with small snacks for us to eat. By the door, a table was stacked with presents under a velvet rope and a sign that said 'Happy birthday, Payno!"

Moving a bit further around the living room I spotted some of Liam's friends, with whom I had grown accustomed.

I met Niall and Amelia by the bar who welcomed me with big smiles. Niall had chosen a dark short-sleeved shirt with a pattern and brown khakis with some loafers, while Amelia opted for a flowy summer pink summer dress. They looked lovely together.

"It's lovely to see you, mate." Niall greeted me with a huge smile. "I honestly thought you wouldn't be coming tonight."

I gave Amelia two kisses and she said, "I haven't seen you in a while, Zayn."

"Yeah, busy..." I commented. "But couldn't do that to our birthday boy. This party is..."

"Insane."

"Mad!" I commented while looking around. "Who are all these people?"

"Well, investors, businessmen, influencers, rich people..." Niall sighed, holding a glass of champagne. "Our Payno is moving up in the world."

"Blessings, then. Where is he?"