Surprise Baby Shower (A Kick)

Weeks had passed since that day and the anticipated due date was drawing nearer. One stormy day while Maleficent was relaxing on her throne, one of her guards approached her with a message from Nyx. The letter said it was an issue of utmost importance and asked her to come to the Underworld at once; it must be an emergency of some kind. Even though she had her doubts, Maleficent decided to go down to the Underworld anyway and see what Nyx wanted. By the time she arrived, her own curiosity was basically eating her up inside.

"What could Nyx possibly wish to speak to me about?" She asked herself before she felt something covering up her eyes. She yelped in surprise as someone grabbed her arms and started leading her away from the ferry dock and somewhere unknown. "What is this? Who is that?! What are you doing?!"

The Mistress of Evil tried to get away, but whoever held her down had a grip like iron and she couldn't get loose. And because she couldn't see where she was going, she quickly assumed the worst. But after a few moments of her struggling, she was released and the blindfold that was wrapped around her eyes was quickly removed.

"What is the meaning of this?! Tell me right now or suffer the..." Maleficent started before she finally saw what was happening.

"Surprise!" Nyx cried along with a few other Goddesses, including Hera and Rhea.

Maleficent could only stare in shock. She was standing in the middle of what looked like a party of some kind; there were banners, a table of food and drinks, a little pile of presents, and a large, comfortable-looking chair in the center. Her eyes darted over to Nyx and her expression changed from shock to anger.

"This is why you have summoned me?" She hissed.

"Okay, I get it. I know. But don't get mad." The Goddess of the Night said, approaching her. "If it wasn't already obvious, I wanted this party to be a surprise."

"This... party is for me?"

"Of course it is! It's a baby shower and we wanted it to be extra special."

Maleficent cocked a confused eyebrow in response.

"You don't know what a baby shower is?" She shook her head and Nyx sighed. "It's a party for expecting mothers; her female friends organize it and bring gifts for the new baby. And right now, the guest of honor and expecting mother is you."

Maleficent froze and put a hand to her rounded stomach; her condition was now exposed. She glanced over at Rhea and gave her a nasty glare.

"I told you NOT to say anything." She snarled at her mother-in-law.

"I know, I know." Rhea said, trying to explain herself. "I tried to keep quiet, but it practically jumped out of my mouth. But you should've known by now that I can't be trusted with secrets."

Maleficent pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed in frustration.

"Come now, don't be like that." Hera chimed in as she started to gently push the evil fairy towards the large chair. "Now that you're here, why don't we enjoy this party? You still need to open your presents."

Maleficent sighed. She didn't really want to be at this party, but it was just for her and it would be rude and a shame to let everything they worked on go to waste. What was the harm in staying for at least a little while?

"Let us get this over with." She muttered as she sat down.

"Okay, then! Let's start with... this one." Rhea placed a gift wrapped in yellow paper in Maleficent's lap and she reluctantly began unwrapping it.

She opened the box to reveal a yellow and orange hat with a propeller. She took it out and looked at it questioningly, along with the rest of the guests. She raised an eyebrow at Rhea, who let out a nervous laugh.