Episode 19

We three, Mr. Carter, Teena and I, sit in the dining room of the palace. I definitely believe Mr. Carter that I am a sorcerer and I  not possessed by a spirit, thank god. I haven't got my memory of life back but I have my memory of magic back. So, we sit here trying to decide what to do of Jacob Peter. The mess he has created needs to be sorted out.
He need to learn his lesson and most importantly we need to find out why he did this.

"I think we should call Mr. Peter and ask him to convince his son to come to the palace. Once he is here, we can deal with him", Teena suggests.

"That's a good idea", I say.

"Okay then, let's do it", Mr. Carter says.

He calls Mr. Peter, the caretaker.

"How can I help you sir", the care taker stands in front of us. The Oldman bows and we three look at each other.

"Mr. Peter, I have a bad news for you. Your son had abducted Miss. Candace and he also got her friend killed"

Tears well up in my eyes. The flash back feels so real. I was helpless, Kabir got killed because of me. I can never forgive myself. I can see him laying dead on the road, bleeding like a slaughtered sheep. I am sorry Kabir! I weep.
I find Teena's arm around my shoulder. I hold her hand and press it. I shut my eyes and let the tears flow out.

The old man doesn't speak for a moment. He put his arm on his heart and says, "I am sorry sir. I am so sorry".

The Oldman turn red out of regret. He continues, "I am so ashamed. I am so ashamed that I sold this Palace for the son like him. I sold this Palace to pay the debts of his amusement"

Mr.Carter rise from his seat. He makes the old man sit and offers him a glass of water.

"Calm down. Mr. Peter. I know this is difficult for you", Mr. Carter says taking a seat beside the old man.

"I sorry sir. if you want you can file a complaint against him, I wont save him this time. I done"

"No, Mr. Peter. We don't want to file any complaint. But He needs to answer some questions "

"That's generous of you"

"We need your help in this"

"How can I help?"

"we want you to call him and convince him to come here. He is missing since the day Miss Candace was abducted. I guess he is hiding and hence you too have no clue where he is. Or probably he lied to you about where he is"

"Okay, he said he is going out with his friends"

"Where? "

"He didn't tell"

"Okay. What do you think why he did all of this?"

"I am sorry sir", he cries. "He once told me that he is sad I had to sell this Palace to pay his debts.  I thought he is feeling guilty and may be he wants to repent. He said he wants to start a new life. Hence, he wanted a new job. So when Mr. Black met with an accident, my son begged me and I suggested you to make him your assistant. But it looks like, it was my mistake. My son, never gonna change. He did it just to get close to you. He just wanted to tarnish your image because you took the palace", his cheeks soak in tears.

"Do you think he'll come back?", he offers handkerchief to the Oldman.

"May be", he wipes off his tears.

"Okay. Call him. Tell him that cops have arrested me for abducting Miss Candace and killing Kabir. And I have returned the Palace to you. Ask him to come back. Can you do that for us?"