Episode 2

Episode  2 I  call  George. "George!  are  you  kidding  me?  " "Hello  Candace" "Yeah  hello" "What  am  I  kidding  about?  " "This  project.  How  am  I-alone-supposed  to  paint  these walls,  man.  These  don't  seem  to  end  " "Okay,  okay.  I  know.  Take  all  your  time.  Client  hasn't given  us  any  deadline" "Yet" "No,  he  said  he  needs  the  work  to  be  done  perfectly and  you  can  take  your  time" "Even  if  it's  forever?  " "I  don't  know  that  but  I  guess  he  was  pretty  chill, so  I  think  he'll  be  okay  with  that  too" "What  do  you  mean?  " "He  said  creativity  takes  time.  I  say  let  it  then" "But...  " "Did  I  tell  you  he'll  be  paying  us  per  hour?  " "What?  " "Yes.  fifty  percent  to  the  artist  and  fifty  percent to  the  company" "Isn't  he  himself  getting  into  a  stupid  trap.  I  mean what  kind  of  a  deal  is  this?" "  Why  care?  he  is  paying  hundred  dollars  per  hour. You  get  fifty  dollars  per  hour  and  you  get  to do  what  you  were  dying  to  do"

"Yeah  but,  it's  a  little....  " "You  are  over  thinking,  okay.  Just  do  the  job" "Okay" I  keep  the  phone  back  in  my  pocket  and  catch  Teena and  Kabir  staring  at  me. "Let's  get  going,  we  have  forever  ",  I  say. "You  mean  we  DON'T  HAVE  FOREVER  ", Teena  says. "Yeah,  Teena",  Kabir  says. "Nah,  Teena",  I  say  staring  at  Kabir. He  doesn't  care,  he  is  just  lost  in  Teena's  new  silver grey  highlights. Teena  is  Asian,  her  black  hair  are  making  those  grey highlights  look  magical.  I  mean  she  looks like  a  witch.  Pardon  but  that's  true. I  like  her  brown  complexion,  she  always  wears  her black  jeans  and  T-shirt  everywhere  and  on every  occasion  and  doesn't  give  a  damn  about  what others  think  of  her.I  love  that.  Kabir  is  a teenager.  He  is  after  Teena,  who  only  minds  her  business and  has  no  time  for  boys.  Kabir  has all  his  time  for  Teena.  Kabir  comes  from  same  country as  Teena.  He  is  thin,  tall  and  fair.  He works  with  us  only  part  time.  He  goes  to  night  school. "I  have  emailed  George  list  of  the  things  we'll  need here.  Till  then,  let's  make  a  plan",  I  say. "Okay",  replies  Teena  unzipping  her  bag  pack. She  has  got  all  the  essentials  we  need  for  rough  work before  starting  the  actual  painting. We sit  on  the  floor,  spread  the  sheets  of  paper,  pour out  all  the  stationary,  markers,  pencils, erasers  etc. we  spend  an  hour  figuring  out,  where  to  start  from, when  to  paint  which  portion,  who  will  do what  etc.  We  make  a  file  out  of  those  papers. My  phone  rings. "It's  George",  I  say.  "Say" "  Jignesh  is  at  the  gate  with  all  the  stuff,  help him  unload" "Okay" "  Mr.  Carter  is  also  coming.  He  wants  to  meet  you before  you  start"
"Who  wants  to  meet  me?" "The  client" "Okay" We unload  the  truck  and  bring  all  the  stuff  on  the top  floor.  It  takes  us  2  hours.  We  are  all  tired, order  food  online. We are  now  ten  people.  Nobody  has  energy  to  talk, except  of  course,  Kabir.  He  talks  with Teena,  which  is  apparently  one  way  conversation.  Teena is  absolutely  engrossed  in  eating. Kabir  smiles  at  her  occasionally  like  a  fool.  We  literally spend,  an  hour  eating. It's  been  hours  but  there  is  no  sign  of  the  Mr.... Mr...  what  did  George  say?  anyway  let  me  call him  Mr.  Client. Where  is  he? Everyone  leaves,  now  it's  just  we  three  again,  waiting for  Mr.  Client. "Why  don't  you  call  George  and  ask?  ",  Teena  suggested. "Yeah,  I  guess  I  should  do  that" I  call  George,  he  doesn't  pick  up. It's  lunch  time  in  the  office,  so  may  be  he  is  eating. I  call  him  again  after  an  hour. "Hello" "Hello,  George.  The  client  isn't  here  yet.  Shall  we start?  " "No,  wait  for  him" After  finding  no  sign  of  Mr.Client  I  call  George  again. "  It's  getting  late.  He  isn't  here  yet" "Just  wait  okay.  he  is  a  big  player,  might  be  busy in  something  " "It's  7  pm" "It's  okay  Candace.  just  wait,  okay" "But...  "
Teena  gestures  me  to  keep  the  phone  and  calm  down. "Okay",  I  say  and  hang  up  the  call. Kabir  leaves  for  his  night  school. We two  wait  for  hours,  still  no  sign  of  the  creature. We  order  more  food  and  look  around  but every  room  is  locked  and  almost  everyone  is  gone. We  roam  here  and  there  like  we  are  the  only ones  here. We eat  our  food  and  take  pictures.  This  building  looks like  some  historic  monument. "I  think  we  should  leave,  it's  11:30",  Teena  says. "  I  guess  you  are  right",  I  reply. We get  down  to  the  lobby  where  an  old  man  greets  us. We bow our  heads  and  move  towards  the  gate. The  gate  unlocks  automatically,  we  step  outside  only to  hit  by  the  cold  wind.  The  night  is  windy. I  stand  there  thinking,  this  place  is  outside  the city,  we  won't  find  any  public  or  private  transport nearby.  I  think  Teena  thinks  the  same.  We  exchange a  short  gaze. "I  have  called  the  driver,  he'll  be  here  in  no  time. He'll  drop  you  home",  the  old  man's  voice comes  from  behind. We startle,  and  breathe  a  ton  of  air  at  once  and  exhale quickly,  upon  seeing  the  man. "I  am  sorry.  Did  I  scare  you?  " I  and  Teena  shake  our  heads  simultaneously. We hear  the  sound  of  brakes  at  the  same  time.  We  turn around  to  see  the  same  Mercedes  that came  to  pick  us  from  the  company. We get  inside  without  looking  at  the  man  and  the  car pulls  away.

THANKS  FOR READING
I  hope  you  are  enjoying  the  series. Do  read  following  episodes.

  Candace  is  about  to  meet Mr.  Client  and  get  stuck  in  the  elevator. Nah,  not  with  him.
If  you  like  it  do  share,  let  me  know  what  your  thoughts are  and  hit  that  follow  button  to  read more  from  me.
Thanks
love
USE  #mlpl  to  get  all  the  episodes    at  once.