2.

Over the next few weeks, Kokushibo found things going better.

Mayumi visited often, apparently they didn't give her many assignments.

Muichiro already mastered total concentration breathing and such, which left Kokushibo impressed.

Muzan never found out who the hashira was.

Ironically enough Kokushibo found out it was Mayumi, the Blossom Hashira.

He didn't understand her breathing style, so he didn't ask about that much at all.

She did help Muichiro practice, and he had gone out at night and killed a few demons, so progress.

He also developed a breathing style of his own, which Mayumi labelled as Mist breathing.

Kokushibo came to regard the boy as a son he never had, so he took pride in the boy and his achievements.

Mayumi was truly an interesting woman.

Her parents died when she was about 15, leaving her and her younger sisters Kanae and Shinobu.

Then the Stone hashira had found them, and took them in and helped them, gave them a place to stay, watched out for them.

Mayumi joined the corps on her 16th birthday, and became a hashira in only three or four months.

Kanae joined when she turned 14, and Shinobu when she was 13.

Mayumi took on and learned flower breathing, but ended up creating Blossom breathing more so by accident while practicing.

Then Shinobu created Insect breathing not long after her 14th birthday.

Then not too long after that, they found a girl named Kanao, took her in, and raised her like a sister.

But then, being a cold hearted bastard that he is, Douma killed Kanae after a long and intense fight.

She had died in Shinobu's arms, and Mayumi blamed herself for not arriving to help her sister earlier.

Ever since, Shinobu took on their late sister's personality, but in a bit of a dark way, and hides everything behind a happy and joyful attitude.

Kokushibo felt so sad for her, really he did.

And divulged his life.

He and Yoriichi were twins, of course, and at eight, their father showed Yoriichi favoritism, and treated him horribly.

Kokushibo didn't let it affect his relationship with his brother, and ignored their father for the most part.

Then at 18, he had his first love.

Only she turned out to be a whore who was sleeping with half the men in town, so it had been a mistake.

After that he gave up on relationships, and focused on spending time with his brother.

When they were both 23, Yoriichi's wife and child got killed by Muzan, and the latter later turned him into a demon.

Kokushibo revealed he had an ulterior motive, which was to kill Muzan, that he hid perfectly somehow.

Yoriichi almost killed Muzan later, but he escaped.

He encountered Yoriichi after, with the latter almost killing him out of duty, and Kokushibo eventually calmed him down enough to explain everything.

His brother had taken it shockingly well.

Mainly because Kokushibo expressed he didn't want Yoriichi to hate him for being a demon, and that he still loved his brother, and had no intention of actually doing harm to innocent humans or doing Muzan's bidding.