10.

-Mugen Train Arc-

Yes, 'that' arc is now here. Now the whole fight with Enmu *spoilers* will occur in an offscreen way here, so...yeah. also, quoting Big Brother here, "expect the unexpected".

As Shinobu has successfully discovered a cure to demons, the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku, is dispatched on an important assignment.

Known only to Kokushibo, this mission could determine the very future of the Demon Slayer corps, the ultimate fate of every hashira, and Kokushibo's very own life.

This...can determine the very fate of all Japan.

This can determine the fate of the world.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today was the day of the mission, Kokushibo remained on high guard for this.

He hoped the outcome would not be the same or similar as last time, considering they did have Akaza on their side this time.

Kokushibo ran into him last night, he'd also run into Kaigaku, who begged to become a demon.

Kokushibo sternly ridiculed the boy for his selfishness and arrogance, leaving him in surprise, and Akaza...was another story.

Apparently he had a thing for the flame hashira now, not much of a surprise.

Kokushibo couldn't get him to shut up about Rengoku, but at least he hadn't teased him about Mayumi, so an upside.

Kokushibo had no issue with homosexuality, he was a demon mind you, so he understood how it was to be different.

Mayumi also had nothing against it, her parents raised her and her sisters on the belief that love was love, no matter the other person's gender.

But in any case, he suspected Akaza might actually ask the flame hashira to marry him before all this was over.

And for now, he had to focus on the current issue.

"Love, is Rengoku going alone?" He asked May as she came to sit beside him on the bed.

"No. Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Inosuke are going with him." She replied.

Same as last time...

"Though he has gone to ask the master if another hashira could come along." She added.

Okay, that was reassuring, seems Akaza did warn him then.

"Which hashira is he hoping for?" Kokushibo asked with curiosity.

Mayumi hummed.

"Well he asked Shinobu first, though she is preoccupied with the cure she discovered, so he's asking for anyone else he can get. Sanemi, Uzui, and Obanai are on missions already, and Muichiro hasn't been cleared to leave just yet, so that leaves Giyu and Mitsuri." She responded with a shrug.

Mm, the water and love pillars? This would be interesting.

"Kyojuro said he would take them both, but he isn't sure if he'll need it really." May added.

After that statement, the man himself stood in the doorway.

"GOOD MORNING MAYUMI AND KOKUSHIBO!"

Kokushibo looked at May clearly asking 'is this normal?' and she nodded.