Chapter 9/10: Cursed by Family

"wake up" Claire heard it again, she was called again but not to come with him, this time he was calling Jessica. She saw Jessica getting taken, she was worried about her because she knew she was infected, one water drop and she done for. She was waiting for her to come back with fear for what might have happened. Eventually her heart was relieved as how she saw her came back. When she was put in the cell she quickly asked "What happened out there?" She answered "He asked the same, how I was feeling and if I was comfortable and some more." "That's weird" Claire said. She was expecting the man to take one of them to but he didn't and just walked away. "I wonder what he does all day when he's gone." Claire said. An hour went by and the man later came back with a bag. He first went to Claire and Jessica and he reached into the bag and grabbed a pack of batteries out with some food an water capsules. He slipped it under the little opening under the door and left to give the same to the rest. Claire and Jessica grabbed the stuff and, used the batteries to change their Cooler's batteries so It wouldn't ran out of energy and eventually ate the food and sprayed the capsule water in their mouth like an inhaler, except for Jessica, she didn't got any capsule water because if she would take it she would turn into a Drowner, but because of this, Jessica came up with a plan.

"Claire, I have plan to escape" Claire looked confused at her "What plan?" She replied: "If he comes back with new supplies and with a new capsule water, you need to give that capsule to me and I will hide it, the moment he opens the cell again to take me for questions again, I quickly take in the water capsule and will turn into a Drowner this will distract him and you can quickly grab the keys, you injure him with he's key making him bleed and that would make me go after him, then you free Mason and make a run for it. Remember to not accidentally touch any fluid while escaping." Claire was surprised by the plan "That's a nice plan, but that means you will lose are your memories and mentality, you will lose what makes you, you. Are you sure you want to give that up for our survival?" She nodded in confidence. Claire appreciated her sacrifice and agreed to the plan. Now all they needed to do is, wait.

"Rebecka, are you ready?" Darryl said. After her incident with Ryan she eventually escaped again out of the window and went to the place where they discussed to go. "I am" she said back, Darryl thought she said that out of confidence but she actually said knowing she had a change of plan, her first goal was to save all of them, but Henry changed her goal. Her new goal was to save Claire and leave the rest behind, she didn't care for Jessica or Mason anymore, knowing Mason had something to with the prank and she just didn't care about Jessica. She wanted to be Claire's only best friend and no one else. After the manipulation of Henry her character and way of thinking massively changed. She started only thinking about what she wanted and didn't care for anything else. She also wanted to get away from Darryl but she needed him to ride the car because she couldn't ride a car herself. Darryl had a thought before they went "Should I check on Ryan before we go?" Rebecka got a little heart attack from when he asked that "No, we should leave as soon as possible if we stay here to long they will figure us out and we don't want that." She said. "Your right" He said.

Darryl and Rebecka went in the car and he started it, but when he started the car somebody heard him. Rebecka noticed it "OH, SHIT SOMEONE HEARD US" Darryl told Rebecka not to worry and he when the car started he rode out of their garage but more people started waking up and people started grabbing guns, everyone knew about their judgments and they were all informed to execute them if they would get out. People immediately started to grab guns. Rebecka saw this and started to freak out "Shit, they all know, HOW?!" Darryl replied "SARIA MUST HAD INFORMED THE WHOLE TOWN ABOUT US, SHE KNEW WE WOULD EVENTUALLY ESCAPE!" Darryl quickly turned the car in pointing the gate, but people started shooting at them "Watch out" Rebecka said. The glass windows started breaking, they were trying there best not to get hit and preventing blood. Rebecka quickly grabbed her gun and aimed out of the window trying to shoot people away, she tried to shot someone at the balcony but missed, Darryl heard she was trying to shoot "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, DON'T SHOOT THEM, THEIR OUR FAMILY, WE DON'T WANT ANY CASUALTIES!" Rebecka didn't agree to this, but she listened anyway and went back from the window. "SHOOT THE WHEELS!" Someone said, Rebecka heard it and warned Darryl "UHM DARRYL WE GOT TO HURRY UP THEY ARE AIMING AT OUR WHEELS!" "I AM TRYING" he said. They saw they were heading for the gate and someone shouted and said: "THERE HEADING FOR THE GATE, STOP THEM!" People with shotguns ran to the gate blocking their path, they aimed and shot at them again. Luckily they both dodged the shot by quickly hide their heads behind the steer wheel, Darryl quickly poke his head back up to see where they were driving. Rebecka didn't saw a way to get out pf here, they were cornered. "DARRYL WE CANT GO ANYWHERE WHAT DO WE DO!" Darryl looked serious and focused while increasing the speed. "His going to ride through the gate" She thought. The people standing in front of the gate noticed him speeding up and knew he would smash through the gate, their gate was made from wood and wasn't so strong yet so it was possible to break it if you bump in it hard enough. Even though, it was still risky, if the car isn't strong enough to break the wood they will kill themselves. They didn't had anywhere else to go to though it was a now or never move. "HOLD TIGHT!" Darryl said. Rebecka listened to what he said and quickly grabbed tight, the people jumped away from the car ride before they got ride over and he broke luckily broke through the gate and with that making their escape.