Learning The Truth

Jasper pov
It's been a year sense I first meet my mate. I finally found the courage to ask her out about 8 months after we meet, things couldn't be better now to just tell her the truth about myself and my family and hope she isn't scared of me afterwards. Alice came skipping into the room followed by Edward as usual "she isn't going to be afraid of you Jasper she loves you for you and it will only grow once she learns the truth" "oh I can't wait to officially meet her" Esme smiled at me knowing I've been waiting a long time to find my mate my world. 

                                Athena pov
Arriving at school Jessica parked looked at me and said "I'm happy that you and Jasper are together Athena you guys are so cute" I smiled at my sister "thanks jess" getting out of the car I walked over to the Cullens each one smiling at me. As I reached them I was immediately pulled into cold strong arms making my smile widen "hi cowboy" "hello darlin' I missed you" "you saw me yesterday silly" I giggled as he buried his face in my neck and hair. "Can you come to our house after school I want to talk to you about something" Jasper whispered in my ear making me turn around and look at him. "Everything ok?" I asked nervously "everything's perfect as long as I'm with you" that calmed my anxiety down immediately. I peeked jaspers lips as the bell rang signaling it was time for school to start.

The school day finally ended, as I walked out of the building I walked straight to Jasper and his siblings, having already told my mom and sister I would be home later as I was spending time with the Cullens. I was very happy that mom liked Jasper it made things easier.

Arriving at their house I noticed how tense Jasper was. As we all sat down in the living room I noticed even Carlisle and Esme were both present. "Ok darlin' what I'm about to tell you will probably shock you and might make you hate me. Just know that no matter what I will always care about you" Jasper said as I looked at him nervously "ok seriously what's going on your acting like after you tell me I'll never want to see you again" just that thought brought tears to my eyes.

Jasper pov
Looking at my sweet mate it broke my heart seeing tears gathering in her eyes at the thought of me disappearing. If only she knew how much I love her but it's a little to soon to tell her that. Glancing back at Carlisle to make sure this was ok he gave me a reassuring nod. Taking a unneeded breath I took Athena's hand "darlin we are vampires, we call ourselves vegetarians because we only feed off of animals" "is that all I thought you were going to break up with me or something" my beautiful mate said with a giggle.

Athena pov
After learning that the Cullens were vampires each one went around telling me their story and their abilities (for those that have one). Jasper also explained what a mate is and how important they are to a vampire. Learning I was jasper mate explained why I always felt safe around him and I missed him the second he was away from me.