As It Turns Out, My Mother is Immortal

I came in and out of consciousness for what seemed like forever. I caught vague glimpses of people, a boy around my age, with dark black hair laying in a bed next to me, a girl with blonde hair, also my age, staring at the two of us with an expression I could not quite read. I heard bits and pieces of conversations as well.

"One of them must..."

"Annabeth, don't get your hopes up..."

"I need another tin can..."

Finally, I awoke properly. Glancing out the window, it seemed to be early morning, so I assumed I must have been out for at least a day. Next to me, on a rolling table, was an strange looking drink. It was a tall glass with a strange, glowing golden liquid in it, as well as a couple ice cubes, a straw, and one of those little umbrella things you only ever see in movies. Beside it was a note.

Drink this when you wake up

I'm not one to turn down a mysterious note and glowing liquid, so I took a sip. It was root beer. But not just any root beer, the kind I could only ever find at this drug store near my dad's office. Instantly, I felt better

That's odd...

I took a few more sips, then gingerly got to my feet. I was a bit sore, but infinitely better than I had been before I passed out. I heard some people talking outside, so I stepped out. Once my eyes adjusted, I saw three people sitting in chairs around a table with some cards, and two more standing nearby. At the table was the boy from earlier, a man sitting in a wheelchair, and a short, stocky man, who was wearing a Hawaiian shirt with a tiger pattern on it. He looked a bit like a stereotypical drunk, with his bright red nose and bulging eyes, but something about him told me that I shouldn't say that to his face.

Standing nearby, on the other hand, was the girl from earlier, and a boy I had not yet seen, but seemed to have goat legs and horns.

What in the...

"Ah I see our other guest is awake!" Said the man in the wheelchair.

"Wonderful, another one" said the man with the red nose.

The boy turned around and gave me a quick wave, as did the girl and the other boy.

I looked at the girl. "Annabeth?"

"How..."

"I heard someone say the name while I was out. Thought it was as good a guess as any."

I turned to the boy with horns. "What's with the cosplay?"

The wheelchair guy quickly jumped in. "Grover is a Satyr, (Y/N), do you know what that means?"

I did, but it made no sense. That was a myth.

"Like the myth? How's that possible?"

The red nosed man turned to face the wheelchair guy. "I hate when they say that, Chiron."

"Calm down Mr. D, he's new, don't turn him into a dolphin just yet."

Gears began to click in my head as I thought through what was being said. "Wait... Chiron? Mr. D can turn people into dolphins? But that would mean..."

"Took you long enough" said Mr. D

"I see you figured us out" replied Chiron

"But those are just stories. You can't really be the guy who trained Hercules, and you surely can't be Dionysius."

"(Y/N), two days ago, you fought and almost got killed by a metal boar the size of an elephant" said Annabeth. "Is this really that much crazier?"

Chiron turned to Mr. D. "I believe I win" he said, as he laid down a hand of cards.

Mr. D grumbled, but eventually turned to look out into the valley we were in.

"Well, it's time I got up." Said Chiron. "I'm tired of this chair, follow me Percy and (Y/N)."

Chiron began to stand up, but the more he stood the more came out. As I expected, his bottom half was a horse. He really was a centaur.

He gestured for me and Percy to follow him as he walked into the valley, followed by Annabeth and Grover.
"The Greek gods are real, (Y/N), and your mother is one of them."