I

Phil's PoV

I sat down on the floor and clicked on the camera. "Fringe check," I muttered, straightening my hair into place. When I was finally done, I sat up straight and straightened out my blue tee-shirt. I took a breath and tried to focus. When I opened my icy eyes, I smiled like the love of my life was in front of me. "Hey guys!"

>•<

Dan's PoV

I peeked through the doorway to see Phil sitting in the middle of the lounge with the camera. I smiled like an idiot, but then stopped when I remembered what had happened. He doesn't remember. I let a small tear roll down my now flushed red cheek and walked away.

>•<

Phil's PoV

While sat at my desk editing, my mind began to wander. Flashes of memories danced through my head. A hand intertwining with mine. Lips pressed to mine. Head against mine. Our smiles. But who was it? "Dan?" I called to my best friend. He walked in. "Did I ever date someone that I forgot about?" I could see pain in his eyes as he shook his head and walked out.

I sighed and went back to my struggled editing. Then I remembered Jamie. Maybe she knew. I dialed up her number-despite the fact she lived a little ways down the hall-and waited. The constant ringing brought annoyance to me and I willed for Jamie to pick up faster. When she did I sighed. "Hey, Phil!" she said.

"Hey Jamie! Can I ask you something?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"Did I ever date someone before the 'incident'?" I asked, referring to my fall out the window. There was a silence and Jamie's hesitant breathing. I puffed out my cheeks, wondering if I shouldn't have asked.

"N... no," she finally breathed out. I nodded.

"Okay," I said. "Thanks anyway."

"No problem."

>•<

Jamie's PoV

"Bye Phil," I said.

"Bye," he replied. I could hear the disappointment in his voice and felt bad.

"Wait!" I shouted. I felt the phone connect with his face again and I smiled. "I'll ask around. If I find something I'll tell you."

"Okay," he said. I could hear the smile on his voice and all the guilt that had taken over me left in a deep exhale.

"Bye."

"Bye."

I needed to call Dan right after that. The phone picked up instantly. "What?" he asked, annoyance and a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Nice to talk to you, too," I replied with sarcasm. "Are you sure you don't want to tell Phil about-?"

"No!" he shouted, cutting me off. I heard him exhale deeply before continuing. "No, I... I just don't want revived Phil to be weirded out and leave me."

"Okay," I surrendered. "Just tell me if you change your mind."

"Alright. I will." I smiled. "Hey! So I'm meeting those guys from YouTube that Cat told us about. PJ and Chris?"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Well," I told him, "have fun."

"I will. Hey I have to meet them soon," he told me. I heard him hold his hand over the phone. "Phil!" he shouted at his flat mate. "Get ready! We're going to meet PJ and Chris in a few minutes!"

"Kay!"

"Alright," he said, returning his attention to me, "I've got to go. See you later. Bye!"

"Bye," I replied. I hung up and rested my chin on my hand. Phil should know.