VII

Jamie's PoV

"Jamaymay!" Jerry called. I swiveled around in my chair. My husband smiled and I wheeled over. "You have a phone call."

"Thanks," I said, taking the phone. "Hello?" I asked the receiver. It crackled with excitement and I smiled and laughed. "Hello?" I asked again, giggling.

"It worked," Dan said. "It worked Jamie."

I knew exactly what he meant. "You told him?"

"Kind of. He found it on Twitter."

I nodded. "How will we be celebrating?"

I could hear the smile when he replied, "Let's go out to party. It's something we both haven't done since... high school, I think."

I nodded in agreement. "Totally."

>•<

Dan's PoV

"C'mon, Phil," I giggled, grabbing his hand and dragging him outside. Jamie and Jerry were in their car waiting for us. Phil smiled at them as we hopped into their Impala. "What's up, Flannigan family?"

Jamie smiled. "Nothing much. You guys ready?"

Phil gave a thumbs up and smiled. "Yeah!" he squealed.

"By the way," Jerry said, "Jamie and I want to tell you something." He smiled, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask. Jamie looked at Jerry and and smiled. Her cheeks were red and happy. Then, she turned to me and Phil.

"Do you have any name suggestions for Little Flannigan?" I looked at her puzzled by the question, but suddenly it hit me.

"No fucking way!" I exclaimed, slapping my hands over my mouth. Her smile grew even wider and I pumped my fists in the air. "YES!"

Phil was grinning from ear to ear. "I'm so happy for you!" he exclaimed, leaning over to hug her. "Oh, and you should name Little Flan, Franny or Franky. How cool would that be?" We giggled and Jerry continued driving.

"How did you manage to-?"

"Don't even go there!" Jerry yelled at my question.

I snickered and looked back at Jamie. "So, no alcohol for Mrs. Mother Flannigan tonight, kay?"

"Yes, but there will be a wheely," she replied. I giggled and looked at the road.

There was a lot of good things happening.

>•<

Mystery PoV

"I just want to have some fun for once," I yelled at her, snatching my wrist away. I heard footsteps and knew my support was here. "I'm not obeying your rules anymore, you sick, abusive woman!"

She growled and I felt her bejeweled hand connect with my cheek. I let warm tears roll down my cheek, and mix with the blood from the gash the ring made. My cold, grey eyes shot at her. This witch was not my boss. She will never be. I've worked under her rule for far too long, and I have far to many scars from it.

I stood, pushing my way past my to friend, who followed without hesitation. "Ames, wait!" my boy friend called. I didn't listen and kept walking, determined to escape from this hell.

I walked right out of the cold base and out into the cold, rainy streets of Manchester. I shivered and wrapped my sweatshirt tighter around me.

Why could she treat me like that for years? Why could I let her treat me like that for years? With all these thoughts buzzing through my brain, I felt numb and sick. Nothing seemed right anymore. Despite the fact I had two best friends, a sister, and a boyfriend, I think it was a lie. My boyfriend was cheating on my with one of my best friends; even though they won't admit it, I've seen them. My other best friend was missing and my sister was sick.