𝟯𝟯

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘"𝖥𝖠𝖫𝖫𝖮𝖴𝖳"

"𝖥𝖠𝖫𝖫𝖮𝖴𝖳"

𝗪hile Buck was out with Estelle, Adrienne decided to sort through the over piling mail that was building up in the mailbox. Most were just bills, school offerings for Estelle, and some companies trying to get them on their subscription plans.

What Adrienne didn't expect was a letter from the Travis Country Prison. Isn't that where... he is?

"What the..," She whispered to herself. Adrienne didn't have time to open the letter because she heard the squealing of her two-year old daughter.

"Mama!" Estelle screamed, running into the living room. Buck came in a short while later with a tired look on his face. He dumped the few bags he had from various stores on the coffee table in front of Adrienne.

"How many toys did you buy her?" Adrienne asked after spotting pink building blocks. Buck had a guilty look on his face.

"Baby, you do know we're donating some of these, right?" Adrienne questioned, looking through all of the bags. Buck liked to go a little too overboard when it came to buying stuff for Estelle. Estelle already had her father wrapped around her little finger. 

Buck was putting away the bags when he noticed the prison letter on that table.

"What's that—," Buck tried reaching for the envelope, but Adrienne was quick to hide it. She didn't want him seeing it just yet.

"Can I see it?" He asked.

"It's nothing, Buck," Adrienne replied. She was quick to change the subject by bringing up the numerous toys he bought for Ellie. She continued, "Let's pick out the toys we can't keep since her toy box is already filled."

"Are you okay, babe?" Buck asks.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Adrienne sat on the couch at the fire station with her feet propped up against the arm rest. Estelle, for some reason, decided to invade her parent's space, and sleep in their bed.

It didn't help that Adrienne was up all night thinking about the letter he sent to her. She grew fearful that Buck would find it and look at it, so she hid it where she knew he wouldn't find it.

"So you still haven't heard anything from the chief about Hen?" Buck asked, following Bobby with a bowl of potato chips. Just a few days passed since the accident, but Buck eagerly wanted Hen back.