Ch 15

As he drove to the grocery store, John's thoughts continued to race. He tried to push the comment out of his mind and focus on his shopping list, but it was difficult to shake the feeling of uncertainty. When he arrived at the store, he grabbed a cart and began to navigate the aisles, adding items to his cart as he went.

As he was walking through the clothing section, he noticed a shirt that looked familiar. He stopped and examined it more closely, and his suspicions were confirmed - it was a shirt he owned, now being modeled on a mannequin in the girl's section. John felt a mix of confusion and amusement at the sight.

As he continued through the store, John realized he needed to use the restroom. He hesitated, unsure of which restroom to use. If he used the men's restroom dressed like this, he would undoubtedly attract attention and potentially be subjected to ridicule. But if he used the women's restroom, he risked making someone uncomfortable or causing a scene if he was caught.

John tried to reason with himself, telling himself that it was okay to use the women's restroom given his appearance. After all, he was dressed in women's clothing, so it made sense to use the corresponding restroom. But as he approached the women's restroom, his heart began to race.

Just as he was about to enter, he heard a familiar voice behind him. "Hey, excuse me, miss?"

John turned around and saw an old friend from college. He felt a jolt of panic as he realized his friend didn't recognize him at first, mistaking him for a woman. When she realized it was John, his friend seemed confused and taken aback.

Feeling embarrassed and ashamed, John decided to try to hold it and wait until he got home to use the restroom. But as he continued shopping, the urge became too strong. He knew he needed to find a restroom, and quickly.

He headed towards the back of the store, hoping to find a restroom that was less busy. But as he walked, the smell of his own mess began to overwhelm him. He felt a mix of disgust and humiliation as he tried to hold back tears. He knew he needed to leave as soon as possible.

John checked out as quickly as he could, trying to avoid making eye contact with anyone. He felt like everyone was staring at him, judging him for what had just happened. He rushed out of the store and into his car, feeling a mix of shame and relief as he drove home.

Once he arrived home, John retreated to his office, feeling exhausted and defeated. He couldn't believe that he had just had an accident like that in public. It was a reminder that, no matter how confident he felt in his own identity, there were still challenges and obstacles he would have to face.

John spent the rest of the day feeling emotionally drained and defeated. He couldn't shake the feeling of shame and embarrassment from what had happened.