15

Beyoncé nervously wiped her palms on her jeans. She absolutely hated how she got clammy palms when she was nervous. It seemed like it made it too obvious and every time she wiped her hands off, everyone around her could tell that she was nervous. "Don't be nervous." Jay said as he picked up on her signs immediately just as Beyoncé assumed he and everyone else would.

"I'm trying." She chuckled softly. Meeting new people always made her nervous no matter what. But, meeting Jay's family added another layer of anxiety to that. Jay knew that she had nothing to worry about with his aunt though. She was the sweetest person ever. Quan on the other hand might be a problem. He was just an annoying teenager, but Jay also knew that Beyoncé had a teenage sister who was probably just as annoying.

Jay grabbed her hand a rubbed it with his thumb as he walked her inside. "You look really nice by the way." He admired her high waisted skinny jeans and crop top. She told him thank you as he opened the door and they went inside. "Aunt Jen, Beyoncé is here!" He yelled through the house to warn her. The smell of food made B's stomach growl immediately. At first, she was anxious and hurt stomach was hurting, but it all turned to hunger when she could smell the good food in the air. She took the time to look around and admire their well decorated home. There were pictures up on the walls, mostly of Quan, but there were some of a young Jay too.

She soon emerged from the kitchen area. "Oh hi, baby!" Aunt Jen said brightly, coming over to hug her. "And you smell so nice!" She complimented. Jay mumbled 'I know' under his breath. B smirked at him after failing to keep a straight face.

"Thank you so much. It's nice to meet you." B said being polite.

"Y'all go on and chill for now. Dinner will be ready shortly." She smiled. "Quan! Get down here and speak to our company." She yelled through the house.

"Auntie!" Jay yelled knowing that Quan was going to dart down here and mess with them. He was more than excited to meet B and Jay knew that. Quan had already expressed to Jay that he couldn't wait to embarrass him in front of her. "You know how that boy is." His aunt only laughed in response as she heard Quan coming down the stairs just as fast as Jay thought he would.

"Don't hurt yourself running down those steps!" His mother told him before disappearing back into the kitchen.

"Aw shit." He said as he came into the living room where Beyoncé and Jay had just sat down. "Beyoncé, it's so nice to meet you." Quan held out his hand for a shake and then kissed the back of her hand. "I'm Quan, but grown women can call Daquan." B smirked and nodded to keep from laughing at him. "Jay never shuts up about you."

"Nigga, move!" Jay said pushing him away.

Beyoncé laughed at the playful gesture. "Oh really? What does he say?"

Quan deviously smirked at Jay as he prepared to spill all of the beans. "Oh he goes on and on about you. How you pretty you are, how smart you are, how cool and fun you are-"

"Oh my God!" Beyoncé blushed and playfully hit Jay on the shoulder. "Did he pay you to come down here and say that?" She asked Quan seriously.

Quan and Jay both laughed. "You think he's lying?" Jay asked her. Everyone knew it was true. Jay didn't really have anyone to talk to about Beyoncé so he opted for Quan who was always down to listen.

"I don't know, it all sounds too good to be true." B thought a lot of things with Jay were too good to be true. Especially the timeframe in which it happened. He was really her knight in shining armor and he didn't even fully know it yet.

"It is." Quan chimed in. "Like seriously, why you with this ugly ass nigga?"

"Quan!" Aunt Jen yelled from the kitchen overhearing the conversation.