61

Happy thanksgiving family ❤️

"I can't eat anymore." B announced to Jay as she slid her plate over to him. He often acted as her personal garbage disposal and he always appreciated it just as much as she did. He could eat like six full grown men sometimes and still be hungry. Today, he was especially going to tear her food up for her because they were eating Jay's favorite Chinese food from the little place around the corner.

"Where you going?" Jay asked her as she got up to walk away. He stopped her in her tracks making her turn to look at him.

"My back hurts." She said. It had been bothering her more than usual lately. "I just want to go lay down. I'm not going to sleep or anything yet."

"Oh okay. Go ahead and lay down then." He told her. "I'll come rub your back down when I'm finished eating. Okay?" She gave him a nod and went ahead to lay down on the bed.

As promised, ten minutes later, Jay was joining her in their room. "What's up?" He greeted. He was holding a bottle of lotion and it made B smile. "Take your shirt off." He instructed. "Show me where it hurts."

B pouted as she looked up at him. Her husband was so sweet to her and it made her beyond happy. She turned over onto her stomach and explained to him where it hurt the most. Jay gave her an amazing back massage for over twenty minutes and ended up putting her to sleep even though she didn't mean to. B has always been a tired girl, so he tried not to think anything of it. He just gave her a blanket and turned the fan on before leaving her to take a girl nap.

B slept a little longer than Jay anticipated. He had already gotten hungry again and began to make dinner. "B." Jay said approaching her side of the bed and sitting down. She stirred in her sleep, but didn't wake up. "Baby." He said again. She gave him an exaggerated groan. "Don't get pissed at me." He frowned. "You need to wake up, it's time for dinner."

"I'm not hungry." She mumbled and tried to push him off.

"You still need to wake up." Jay told her as he pulled at the blankets. "It's late and you're not going to sleep well."

"Jaayy." She dragged out. "Stop!" He laughed a little at her getting mad at him. He only told her that he wasn't leaving until she woke up. "Ughhhh. Fine." B said dramatically and sat up. "Happy? Now leave me alone."

"Yes." He smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Cranky, now that you made me get up." She said truthfully.

"It's been almost five and a half hours." Jay told her. B's eyes widened. She heard him say it was time for dinner, but she had no idea she slept that long. She complained as she did so, but did decide to get up and follow him to the kitchen. Jay made some chicken wraps for dinner and B swore she wasn't hungry until she saw what he made. The two of them ate dinner together and enjoyed the rest of their evening.

Their days together were always great. Jay loved their little routine: wake up, breakfast, class, lunch, study, dinner, sleep. It seemed like it could get boring, but he was enjoying it. B loved their routines as well, but she mostly loved the weekends. She could sleep in more and lounge more without having to worry about getting so much done. As the days went on, they were getting closer and closer to their desired future. Closer than either of them could've imagined.

"Oh my God." B groaned and turned over to look at her husband. Her back had been killing her for at least two weeks now. She couldn't pinpoint a specific time or thing she did that could've pulled a muscle in her back, but it felt really bad with some days being worse than others. Jay always rubbed it whenever she complained about it, but nothing could ever help. He frowned in his sleep and scooted himself closer to her to embrace her in his arms.