Chapter 1

Done. Erica couldn't believe it. 3 years of dating, 2 years of living together and just like that it was over. She had noticed her boyfriend had become distant over the past few weeks but she didn't think it was anything they couldn't move past. But once she had gotten home from work today her boyfriend was waiting for her telling her to move out. Her crying and begging for him to reconsider did nothing but make her feel embarrassed for feeling she needed him so badly. After all, he was upset she had added on some extra weight the past year or so, that's something she could fix. However, deep down she knew she should not be begging to stay with someone hung up on something so superficial.

Erica was 5 foot 1. Being so short every extra pound looked like much more than it would on someone taller. She couldn't deny over the last year she had let herself go a bit. She had slowly gone from a size 8, to the size 14 she now wore and even those clothes were getting a bit tight. She was still curvy though, with her hips and things seemingly growing faster than her belly. But even now her belly protruded somewhat. In her defense, she was mourning. Her father had passed the year before, leaving her an only child with just her overbearing Latina mother left. Everyone finds a vice when going through hardship and Erica found her's in food.

Her mother. Erica hadn't even thought of that. If getting broken up with and having to move out wasn't bad enough, it just dawned on her where she'd have to move. Despite being 26 years old and a full time teaching job, her mother treated her like she was still in elementary school. Moving in with her boyfriend was such a big deal not just for her relationship progressing, but for her independence from her mother. And now, thanks to her superficial, douchebag ex-boyfriend she'd be back within her mother's grasp.

Her boyfriend gave her the day to move out, but she likely wouldn't need more than an hour. All that was hers in that apartment was her clothes, make up, and a nightstand. She packed up her car and reluctantly texted her mother that she would be moving back home.