pilot

"Please answer, please answer," I mumbled under my breath, fingers shaky on my phone's keyboard. I was FaceTiming Millie out of desperation, having just been locked out of my house. With my parents out of town, I had nowhere to go.

After 5 rings, Millie picked up.

"Y/N, hey!" I waved at her.

"Hey, Mills. I have a question."

"Sure, what's up?"

I explained to Millie the situation I was in, and asked if I could spend the night at her place. She took her phone with her to ask her parents, the audio crackling through the phone speakers.

"Mum, Dad, can Y/N sleep over tonight?" Millie asked.

"Sure, Mills, if it's OK with her parents."

As soon as Millie was back in her room, I thanked her before ending the phone call. I pulled my Oyster card out of my pocket and dashed to the nearest Tube station. . Thankfully, there was a station just around the corner from Millie's street, which was convenient.

Once I got off the Tube, I had noticed it started raining. I threw my jacket over my head and made a run for Millie's house. Luckily, it was only a 30 second walk, and about a 10 second sprint. Still, by the time I rang the doorbell, I was already out of breath. There was a scuffle and Millie opened the door, engulfing me in a hug and gesturing for me to come in.