[0] - [Prologue] - Aconite's Bond

Wondering through the dark corridors of this unknown place, the heat of my sick body made me nauseous. The marble walls brightened by the faint lights of the candles were melting before my view. So sickening, the crimson stain on my left side grew, turning the white cloth I was wearing into a soaking mess. Hurting like if a heartened blade was piercing me through, I couldn't think straight. The excruciating pain made my whole body tremble, as if the next thing I would see was truly God. Please. Someone.

End my pain.

I didn't know where I was.

I didn't know who I was.

Waking up, inside of a cold room, with empty walls, only the bed I was lying in was present. No living soul around me could relieve me from my misery. I couldn't wait for the redemption to come to myself. An unknown force in my body told me, that I can't let myself die. I need to go.

Just when I thought that this empty space, that I've traveled in deep wailing, would be the place of my demise, with the surroundings getting darker, something moved before my view.

At the end of the corridor, an unknown silhouette emerged. Unraveling himself slowly before my eyes, a tall man, with his silk, turquoise pajamas tightening around his muscles. Shining in the lights of the candles was his dark brown hair, falling like cascades onto his forehead. The petrified glare of the man made me only feel worse, as his eyes looking upon me showed me that I have stumbled upon a hostile person. The fire in his eyes, is this the devil? Is this hell... I'm in right now? How pitiful.

Exhaling loudly, as if an illness also gathered around his person, the man shouted in aggravation.

"You dare to... Haunt me now? Cease! You sinister ghost!" — With his entire body shaking in despair, the yells echoed through the corridor.

Was it too late? Have I truly died, and became a ghost? So why is it so painful, why is there a weight on my chest, pinning me down to earth?

My side stung from the pain, with the blood dripping on the marble floors of the place.

"Help... me..."

Before the whole world succumbed, I didn't feel my falling body hit the floor with an impact. There was only his face paralyzed in fear, coming closer, to catch me.

...

"Miss, do you have problems with anything?" — An curious tone came to my ears.

The head maid has stopped behind me, with me not even noticing her coming into the room.

Me, swiping the dust off the wooden furniture, there was nothing that could possibly be a problem.

"No ma'am. Everything is alright... Actually... Could you tell me-"

But she shut the door behind her, and left me alone.

Nothing new.

Everyone in here avoided me like if I bore some kind of illness.

The work in here wasn't exhausting and hard, it was surprisingly easy to keep up with it all of the time. Maybe it was because I was given less chores than anyone. I wouldn't be given any tasks at all if I didn't insist that I can't just accept doing nothing. Staring at me like at some sort of a mad woman, they quietly agreed to my demands, and usually sent me off to do some light work at the places where no people could be found. I tried to do my best, being as fast and efficient as I could, to finish my chores early. But when days after days passed, I realized that this was the worst thing I could do. To leave myself with no other temporary goals, and let my mind set adrift to the unsettling fields of loneliness.