Chapter 9: An Unexpected Visit

I wake up and look around I appear to be in what seems like a hospital night gown. There's a beeping sound coming from a machine that I soon realize is connected to my stomach.

I see tubes connected to different parts of my body and start to scream in terror. The nurse barges in and tells me that everything was all right and soon after that I fall asleep once again.

I wake up and hear the song 'Say Something' and a beautiful guitar playing in the background. It seems as if the person singing is in the exact same room as I am.

I hear the last lyrics of the song and lightly clap. Just then I feel arms around me "I thought you were dead, Ella never do this again please" I recognized this voice and I know that this is Jake "I'm sorry" I say and realize just how numb my body felt.

I feel sorry for him. He actually really loved me. The same nurse from earlier today comes in and asks if I want water, but I sort of just shrug and she walks away.

Jake offers to play another song I reply yes. He picks up his guitar and plays the song 'Fluff' by Ellie Goulding. It's one of my favorites I don't know how he might have known this but I guess it was coincidental.

When it's about 11:30 Jake says that he has to leave so we both say goodbye.

I look at a small night stand next to my bed and see that my phones lying there untouched so I grab it and turn it on. I see millions of notifications. I hold my breath and read them all hoping they weren't from Jessica. But they were all from Jake. They were texts saying 'Hey just checking in hope you had fun at the party last night' 'Wanna hang out later next week' 'We could go on a walk' 'Ella I saw what happened on Instagram they're just jealous' 'Please listen to me!' 'I love you you're not a slut don't listen to them please' 'Please Ella I love you, you're absolutely perfect don't leave'.

The rest were voicemails saying that he doesn't want me to leave because he really cares for me. I realize that my pillow is soaked in tears afterwards and try to wipe them off hoping the doctors wouldn't notice. Then I went back to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since today is Memorial Day I have the day off from school and decided to write an extra chapter!!! YAY!!! Also I would like to thank the brave soldiers that have fought for our country. Although I do not have a parent or sibling that is in the navy I do have a grandfather that fought in world war 2 and an uncle that is going to end his career in the army THIS SUNDAY! I'm very excited. But anyways I would also like to thank you guys because my story now has 1.56k views. Ahhhhhhh! Also I will be updating every Sunday so stay tuned. Don't forget to comment and vote! Well that's all I have to say for now. BYE!!! *Once again tries to master the art of the winking face*