Chapter 5: The text

I arrive home feeling so awesome! I just couldn't get over the fact that Jake complemented me!

Then it hit me. I still had his jacket!

I didn't know what to do so I threw it off onto my bed and something flew out of one of the pockets.

It was a worn out slip of paper with writing on it. I grabbed it and read it.

"I want to get to know you and I know this is kind of the fault in our stars and all but here's my number"

And on the back it had his phone number. So I decided to text him.

Me: Hi it's Ella hope you get this!

Then I realized something. I didn't know how text a guy. Did I sound too desperate? Was I too peppy? I don't know!

Just then he responded.

Jake: Hey babe what's up?

Were we already at that stage where we can call each other babe? I didn't know, but I still responded.

Me: Nothing much you?

Oh god was he the only one allowed to get comfortable in this conversation?

Jake: Haha I knew there was another side to you just don't show it. But I like this.

I'm lucky I wasn't face timing him because I was blushing like crazy! But at the same time I was really confused about what to say next.

Me: Yeah I guess you're right. Thanks!

Jake: No problem. Hey I was wondering if you'd like to come to this party I'm having tonight.

Me: Of course!

Jake: Great I gotta go. See you tonight!

Me: Bye

Jake: Bye

Just then I felt a rock hit the back of my head.