Chapter 10: The Walk

The doctors have told me that today I will finally be able to go home and move my body. Jake had offered to take me on walk when I get better And I believe that today will be the day.

I texted Jake saying:

Me: Hey just wondering if you were free this afternoon I wanted to go that walk you were talking about earlier.

Just then he responded:

Jake: Sure just meet me at the bakery across from Olive Garden

The bakery Jake was talking about wasn't just any bakery it was the best bakery there was.

I remember going there with my father all the time before the incident.

Since I lived close by I walked over there and saw Jake already waiting for me.

"Hey Ella" he said. "Uh... Hi" I replied then he awkwardly took a seat at a table nearby us so I went over and sat next to him.

"I was thinking about eating here. Do you want to?" He asked. I nodded my head slowly even though I wasn't very fond of the idea.

"Great" he said. So we went inside to look at all the different types of bread they had. "I'll have one baguette" he said. That was what my father had always ordered. "And for the lady?" The woman at the desk asked. My face turned pale.

So I ran out of the building, it was the only thing I could do at times like these. I ran as far as my feet could take me. I stopped at an alley I was not sure of where I was or where else to go. I heard foot steps behind me so I quickened my pace but the next thing I knew Jake had already seen me and had also quickened his pace.

"Stop Ella, stop!" Jake demanded. I stopped and turned my body to look at him. "Why are you running away from me?" He asked.

"It's just that" I stuttered "My father, when he was alive. He went to go to the bakery almost every day when I was smaller." "I'm sorry Ella" Jake said. "And when I was turning five he wanted to get me some bread from there but he got in an accident, and he died. I still miss him so much, and I can't live with myself knowing I killed my own father."

I had finally confessed I never thought I would but I did.

"It's not your fault Ella"he said wrapping me into a warm hug.

I pulled away and changed the subject by asking "When did you learn how to play the guitar?" I asked "Well my father always disapproved of my dream to become a musician, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. So I bought a guitar with all my birthday money and saw videos on YouTube that taught me all I know today about playing the guitar." He said. I responded saying "Well you play it very well".

"Oh yeah what Jessica and her little group of friends said it isn't true. You aren't a slut and you're absolutely gorgeous" I remembered but I knew now that this was the last straw I wouldn't let them get to me anymore "Well we can show them what slut is"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early update! YAY!!! Also just to tell you next weeks update might be kind of late because I'm going on a field trip for five days and what sucks is we can't take our phones or laptops. But don't forget to comment and vote. BYE!!!