Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning to the smell of something cooking. I needed to go back to sleep after working until 3:30. My body can't function off of 4 hours of sleep.

"I made you some breakfast to eat before I head out to go to work and I also did your laundry. I noticed the full hamper in your bedroom."

"You're the best, Kate."

"Just taking care of my roomie."

"You didn't have to do that, though. I could've done the clothes mys..."

"Shush. I don't mind. I'll see you later, Tally."

Right as she opened the door, she paused to look at me. "I almost forgot. How were the tips?"

"520 total last night."

"You beat me by a hundred. Lucky you."

I waved her off. "Bye."

She laughed before shutting the door.

A little after 1, I finished showering and dried my hair to get ready for work. Frank shockingly is letting me show up at 3 today. He usually expects me by 12:30.

I apply mascara, some eye liner and a dab of red lipstick and chose a pair of tight jeans with a strapless blouse. I had to borrow a strapless bra from Kate to wear it. I French braided my hair and felt very satisfied with my appearance. I could've thrown on a simple t-shirt and shorts, but the better appearance, the higher tips.

As I grabbed my purse, Kate walked in with a scowl on her face.

"Why are you home so early?"

"George let me go home until later. There's a huge bachelor party tonight and he feels that I need a break. What an asshole!"

"Kate, you should be lucky, I'd kill to have more than two days a week off."

"What's for lunch?"

"I made a BLT wrap but I couldn't eat it all so the other half is neatly cut in the fridge."

"You're the best."

"I'm working alone tonight. I'll be home late."

"Again?"

"I need the money."

"I have extra for you to have, Tally."

"No, I refuse."

Kate rolled her eyes. "Whatever, more money for you, right?"

"Yes, but I have to go. I'll see you later, Kate."

She nodded. "Have a good day."

Once I got to work, it was 2:35. Plenty of time to help Frank before the drunks roll in.