Chapter 16

*** The next day: When it came to sex, Ryder sure as hell knew what he was doing. He made me orgasm so many times that I was sore by the time he finished.

Get your shit together, Tally. Once I got to work, I saw that he sent me a few texts, but I had nothing to say to him. I didn't know how to respond or how to even feel. He didn't want me, and I had to force myself to understand that.

"Tally, you've been so out of it all day. Is everything okay?" Frank looked at me concernedly as he wiped the tables off after closing time.

"I'm fine. Just tired."

"Go home, Tally. I'll take care of it."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. Go home and get some rest."

"Thanks, Frank."

Once I got home, I felt absolutely exhausted. After seven messages from Ryder, I think he gave up after I stopped responding.

Just as I got in bed, there was a knock on the door. Maybe it's Ryder. But I was wrong. There was a man standing with a bouquet of flowers. "Tally Bennett?"

"That's me."

"These are for you."

"Thank you." I shut the door and took the flowers into the kitchen before putting them in a vase when I noticed a note taped to the back of the wrapping paper:

I'm sure you're exhausted, that's why you didn't respond. But I wanted to get you these. I'd like to come over to your place in the morning since I already miss you so much. Sweet dreams, Tally. -Ryder

Sighing, I shut the kitchen light off and went back into my bedroom, falling asleep much faster than I thought I would.

*** I woke up to the smell of bacon, assuming that Ryder was already here. Grumbling as I got out of bed, I went into the kitchen only to find him standing near the stove, cooking me breakfast.

"Morning, gorgeous."

"Hey."

After I finished my breakfast, he said he had to go to work. "Meet me for dinner tomorrow, love."

I nodded. "I will." The last dinner I had with Ryder, I left early. But tonight is different. I want to spend a whole evening with him.

When it got closer to my night shift at work, I heard my phone go off and I assumed it was Ryder but instead, it was a notification telling me that my debit card will be delivered by a man named Wesley. I supposedly have to sign for it. Interesting.

Curiously, I asked how much will be on the card and I nearly had a heart attack when I got the response. Twenty thousand.

What in the actual fuck?!