Chapter 21

Tally

When we arrive in Vermont, I'm excited and nervous. I've never gone on a trip with a guy before, so this is pretty awesome and what makes it even better is the man holding my hand right now.

Ryder isn't like everyone else. He's a true man unlike the scum bags I've been with. I'm not sure if I'm here just to have sex with him or if he legitimately wanted me to come with him, but either way, I'm here and there's no backing out.

While we waited for the car to arrive, I realized how cold I was. I definitely wasn't used to chilly weather. One of the girls working on the plane with Alicia approaches me and stands next to me with a lit cigarette in her hand.

"So, you're the lucky one this time?"

"What do you mean?"

"He's brought so many girls like you up here a million times, so I hope you don't feel too special. Men like him use girls before tossing them away like a piece of garbage. You'll see."

"But I..." Before I could ask her the specific details, she walks away with a small smile on her face. What the hell did that mean? I stare at her long enough that I don't even realize that Ryder was staring directly at me.

I open the car door and slide in, feeling the warm heat immediately. What the hell am I thinking? I really thought that I was the only woman who came here? Apparently not. He's a fuck boy just like everyone else. I should've known.

When I have sex with him again, I'll be another fish on his line of women. I don't have time to put my life on the line with a man who lives a life of simply using women.

But here I am being a dumbass, allowing him to wine and dine me. As my anger begins to rise, I hear the door open, and Ryder sits in the seat next to mine. "Cold, isn't it?"

I nodded.

"I'm sorry I made you wait. I was discussing the time schedule with the pilot."

I don't say a single word to him as I stare out the window, waiting for the car to depart. The ride is completely silent, and Ryder doesn't even realize that I'm irritated about anything.

No matter how rich he is, he's still a man with a brain that doesn't know how to sense when a woman is angry or upset. He's just like the rest of them. Arrogant assholes who only care about their dick.

The ride to Ryder's cabin is long and torturous. The only good thing about it was the beautiful view of the trees and mountains. I soon realize how tired I am and fall asleep for God knows how long.

What the hell do you do when a woman tells you that you're not the main priority? That you're just another play-toy for the man to add to his list?

The ride lasts forever until I wake up to the feeling of the car stopping.

"Sweetie, wake up. We're here." Ryder says as he slid his thumb against my cheek.

All around the cabin is thick white snow. I take it all in before opening the car door, while hiding my irritation towards Ryder. He offers me his jacket as we talked towards the cabin, but I rejected him.

By the time we get to the porch, I'm shivering. My leggings and light shirts did nothing to keep me warm. It would've been nice if Ryder gave me a heads up to bring warm clothes with me, but he only cares about himself.

I watched as he took a key and unlocked the door, gesturing me inside. "You first, darling." I force a smile and step inside, instantly greeted with warmth.

I wanted to stay pissed off, but with the warm and cozy environment, it basically threw my anger out the window.

"Follow me." I reluctantly took his hand as he led me into a large bedroom with a king size bed and big bay windows, exposing the view of the snowy mountains. "I got some warm clothes for you."

He opened the closet, exposing warm sweaters, boots, jackets and socks. How considerate. He must do this for everyone else too.

"I apologize, Tally."

"For what?"

"Acting like a prick on the plane."

I shrugged. "It's fine."

"Is it?"

"Yeah."

"Let's get some food, shall we?"

"I need to change first."

He nodded. "Of course. I'll be in the kitchen waiting for you, darling."

As I watched him walk away, I hated myself for wanting to forgive him. This is going to be a very long trip.