Chapter 28

Tally

After three weeks, I had given Antonio my contact information and we spoke everyday about anything and everything. 

He was more open minded than Ryder and he seemed more... sincere I suppose and looks wise, I can definitely say he outshines Ryder in that department. Even though he's 45, he sure looks 30. Hell, maybe I could say I like him a little, what's the harm in that? 

After work, Antonio requested to take me to dinner but at this time, everything was closed. As I got in my car, I called Antonio. "Hey, doll."

"Hi."

"Well, it's almost 2 and everything is closed."

"No worries, I have a little surprise for you."

"You do?"

"Yes, you know my address."

Now, I was very intrigued. "What is it?"

He chuckled. "See you soon, Tally."

I put his address in my GPS and was in awe the moment I arrived. His condo was huge to say the least. 

I got out of my car and knocked on the door, greeted by Antonio. "Well, look at you."

"Do you mind if I borrow your shower? I really need to take one."

"Of course."

"I umm don't have any spare clothes."

"I do."

"You do?"

"Britney left some of her clothes behind and I know you guys are the same size, I will grab them for you."

"Oh, thank you."

After I got out of the shower, I put on the t-shirt and shorts that Antonio placed in the bathroom. I went downstairs and saw him in the kitchen, pouring a glass of wine. "For you, doll."

"Oh, thanks."

"Would you like a tour?"

"Sure."

I was in awe as I followed him, looking at every room in the house. "And the pool is outside."

"Nice place you have here."

"Thanks, it's too bad I have no one to share it with. After everything went down with Britney, the bitch left with the 100,000 dollars I gave her and the expensive clothing I bought for her."

"What a bitch."

He laughed. "To say the least. I have this for you."

"What is it?"

He led me outside and opened the garage door, a dark grey Aston Martin parked. "Yours."

"W-what?"

"It was supposed to be for Britney, but fuck I figured it'd be a good surprise for you."

"Oh, Antonio. I can't accept this."

"Please, I insist."

"Antonio."

He smiled. "You can take it for a test drive tomorrow."

I heard my phone ringing from inside and I went to the living room, seeing Ryder's number on my screen. I allowed the call to go to voicemail and I listened to it shortly after. "I wanted to call to apologize for my behavior. I was an asshole, but I want to fix things with you, Tally. Please call me back."

Rolling my eyes, I shut my phone off. "I can't believe he can switch personalities, acting like nothing happened."

Antonio laughed. "The man is like Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde, I swear."

He stepped closer to me and I looked up at him.  Compared to Ryder's 5'9 frame, Antonio had to of been 6'3. "What are you looking at?"

His hand slid across my face and without thinking, I kissed him.