Chapter Eleven

It has been about two months now since we got back from the trip to visit family. Dylan and I are still not in the best humor about what all we found. Selena is still trying to wrap her head around it all. Just when I thought things were going to be back to normal a letter came in the mail. It was addressed to me, with no return address. It came from a small town not far from here, from someone who seemed to know a lot about my family. The name was a name I have never heard of before.

Dear Stella,

You may not know who I am, but I know who you are. When I heard about what happened to your family I had to write to you. I wanted to make sure you are okay. I wish I could tell you more about everything and even meet in person. But I was told to never contact you. I tried so hard to keep that promise to your mother, but I can not keep it any longer. I want you to know who I am so I can tell you everything.

My name is Annie, I am your cousin. Your mother had a brother that was not part of the family because he was from a different marriage. I wish I could have spoken to you years ago when I came to visit the family. Your dad Carl, was so nice he was willing to let us meet, but your mom Trinity was not so okay with it. There was something that was off about her when I was visiting. She would not even allow me inside the house.

That is when Carl told me to check into the family hotel. He figured I could stay there for the time I was in town. But I wish I could have seen you before I left. There was so much I wanted to tell you and wish you could have known about the family. There are a lot of secrets to our family that you have no idea about. Your uncle was the one who started to uncover everything before your mom was found pregnant with you.

If you ever find yourself in the north at the family cottage then stop in and visit. I would love to see you.

Annie

I guess there is more to this family than what meets the eye. But for right now I think the secrets are going to remain where they are. I want to meet my uncle and cousin Annie, but that would mean more secrets. Secrets that I would have to keep from everyone. Dylan and the girls don't need that right now. We just got back from going to the hut for my mother, who, let's face it, is not easy to track. There was so much she left behind and so much I still want to find answers for.

That night Jade came down to the living room. She just stood there looking out the window, I was not sure what she saw. Tori was still in bed that night, so when Jade came down I was shocked Tori was not with her. Those two were always with each other. Jade finally sat down on the floor, she grabbed a piece of paper and began to draw something on it. She was drawing what was a person standing out by a tree. How she could see that far away was not something I knew.

"Jade, what are you drawing there?" I asked her.

"Mommy, I saw this person outside by the tree," she said.

"Sweetie, who is this?" I asked her.

"I don't know mommy. She was outside by the tree, where Tori and I played," she said.

"Can mommy have the drawing?" I asked her.

"Sure mommy," she said.

I glanced at the drawing she made. When I noticed the tree looked right into our living room.

"Dylan, get up. This is important," I said.

"Stella, are you okay?" he said.

"Yes, but the girls might not be," I said.

"Wait, what do you mean?" he said.

"Dylan, we have to get the girls out of here. Take them some place where no one knows where to look for them," I said.