Chapter Two

"The doorway should be around here somewhere," the contractor said.

"Here maybe these blueprints can help," my dad said, handing him the paper.

He looked at the prints, studying them, making notes, only to quickly find out that the entrance was outside the house. It looked like it could be the entrance to the wine cellar.

"It's so dark down there," the contractor said.

"Let's go grab some flashlights," I said to Carl.

Carl grabbed some lights from the house. "Let's start here," he said.

Carl and I each picked a tunnel to go down, once we found a clue we would put it in our bags for when we met at the opening. Making sure I was ready for anything that might jump out at me, I screamed at the spider. After I shook off the spider I found a box, it was a small box that had RB on the top of it. I grabbed the letters below it, wondering what secrets they might hold. The map showed many tunnels, many hiding places. Each area unlocked a new clue, each clue ment we were one step closer to the truth. After going through about three tunnels I decided to head back to the door.

I went up to my room to look at all the clues to see if any of them matched up. Right as I was about to start there was a knock on the door. Carl opened it to find a cop standing in the doorway. They needed to know if anyone was found inside the tunnel. After telling them we didn't see anyone down there they wanted to take a look inside, I told them right now is not a good time.

Asking Dylan for help I was able to open all the letters, all the boxes and then started piecing together the clues. The photos showed the family happy, you would have never thought that this would have happened. The small box I first came across held a big clue, it was a folded up birth certificate.

"How are we supposed to use this?" Dylan asked me.

"I am not sure, Dylan," I said, opening the map.

"Trinity messed up some place, we just got to find it, Stella," Dylan said to me.

"I know Dylan, this just might be a bit harder than I thought," I told him. "There is this empty area over here on the map. It looks big enough to hide people in," I said.

Before I could finish the sentence, Dylan had grabbed the flashlights. That was my cue to grab my jacket and follow. He took my hand as we entered the tunnels, gripping it tight to make sure I did not slip. Dylan took me through the tunnels, to the big empty area on the map. Once we got there the door was buried by dirt so no one could try to find it. I knocked on the door before opening it up, inside we found four people. I called 911 in order to try to save them, they all got rushed to the hospital.

All the diary's Rose made were in a nice little pile on the floor by the wall. The living conditions that they were in could make anyone die in minutes. The four people down here must the Bronestones, they kept every article about me. Making sure they did not miss anything. How were they getting food and other items down here? I thought to myself. Trinity must have been keeping them alive down here, that is why she was outside my window that one night. On the way to the hospital Carl called me to let me know that everyone was fine.

There were secrets though, like why trap them down here in tunnels and for what reason? Nothing made sense at all about any of it though, the secret of Rose was kept that way. Everyone in town knew Trinity had something to do with why I was homeschooled, never allowed to be in sports, never allowed to go out for cheer. Dylan was my only friend. Even then though he wasn't allowed to be over without Trinity knowing it. This was her little secret one she couldn't handle if anyone found out. One person found out about it, Trinity told them not to worry about it.