Chapter Three

"I want to know what he is hiding," I told Dylan.

"How do you know he is hiding something?" Dylan asked me.

"Dylan, this is me we are talking about," I said to him.

"Okay, where do you want to start?" Dylan asked me.

"Let's start with Dawson," I told him.

Following close behind me, Dylan and I went to grab Dawson's phone from his coat pocket. I installed an app that let me copy all his data and put it on my laptop. This way we can check to see what he is really up to. It took about three minutes to fully download everything. Once we put the phone back, we ran up to my room where we grabbed my laptop. On the desktop there was the file from Dawson's phone. I started by looking through his text messages. He spoke to a lot of people between last night and this morning. One of the numbers looks familiar, it was not Carl's though which only left one other person. I opened up the messages printing off the ones I knew I was going to need.

Trinity and Dawson were talking about Rose, and how when she came out of the coma that she would want to see Carl and I. How Dawson had to do something to stop us from seeing her. Then the messages got turned back to Rose, they were planning a way to get rid of her. Dawson did not want that at first, he wanted Carl to be happy. Even if it meant Dawson wasn't going to be a judge anymore. In order for Rose to be sent back to hiding Dawson had to call in a huge favor. The very first time Trinity sent Rose into hiding Dawson had to cover it up in the court system. On the adoption papers from the courts Dawson has it to where Trinity is my biological mom, but on the original one it has Rose.

Bringing forward the evidence to Carl he started to question Dawson about it. Dawson, of course lied about it, saying it was all a big lie. Those stories were being twisted, everything that we read was a lie. Nothing was okay, there were lies and no truths from people hiding secrets. I must go get the records from the city archives, then I could prove that Dawson and Trinity were both lying to cover each other. Dawson had one thing though, he was able to get anything covered up. Trinity used this to get the tunnel plans approved, and the idea to hide Rose and her parents.

"Stella, are you sure you want to do this?" Dylan asked me.

"Yes, Dylan we have to prove Trinity and Dawson were teaming up together," I said to him.

"Okay let's do it," Dylan said to me.

"Alright let's grab everything we will need," I said to him.

Dylan grabbed my bag and we headed out the door, making sure the library was open late. The lady handed me the paperwork I called ahead and asked for.

"Let's start with these," I said sitting down next to Dylan.

Dylan came up with a game plan that night. He got an area on the floor ready for us to set out all the documents. Creating stacks of everything we found, to what we were handed today. Maybe all this could answer my question of if I was adopted or not.

After many long hours of looking through the documents, Dylan and I found ourselves trying to stay awake. The library was always quiet, but I knew where we could get some coffee. After a small coffee break we go back to the documents. Looking for those papers from Dawson was going to be tricky, he was able to cover his tracks.. Maybe I would never be able to prove anything, maybe this was the dead end that I knew would happen.

"Stella, is there a certain thing we are looking for?" Dylan asked.

"Anything that proves there was a cover up about the Bronestone's," I told him.

Dylan nodded and then went back to high lighting facts. When it came to evidence research Dylan was always the best person to help me. It was after midnight when we left the library, I knew I was gonna be in trouble if I entered through the front door. So I snuck in through my bedroom window. Passing out was something that would happen quickly tonight. Trying not to make any noise was the challenge I was facing. I knew everyone was awake, from the tv sounds in the living room.