Chapter Five

A few weeks passed since Dylan and I found out the truth. We have been going through each day as if nothing happened. Of course it was getting harder to form Selena. She wouldn't understand what's going on, or why it is happening. Nothing made sense to anyone. Even Carl was trying to figure out what I was up to. I was taking photos of Trinity and Rose, just saying it for a school assignment. Never letting my guard down. I would spend time with Rose and Trinity both. Getting to know my biological mom as Rose was a lot different then I thought it would be.

"Hey, so I was gonna grab coffee, want to join?" I asked Rose.

"Sure, I would love to," Rose said with a smile on her face.

"I usually get the Java Bean Frappe," I told her while sitting down.

"I want to have the Carmel Crazy Frappe," Rose said to me.

I told the waitress what our was going to be. She said it wouldn't be too long for our drinks. We sat there and talked for a long time. Getting to know Rose was great, but I wanted to let her know the truth. Before we left she ordered some food to go. She said she gets hungry late at night and always wants a snack. Maybe we have more in common than we thought we did.

After we got home I went up to my room to look through my emails. I found an email from the DNA department about the test results. The papers came in today and Carl laid them on my desk. The letter sat there, I was nervous to open it up. About the time I went to open it up Dylan walked through the door.

"Stella, what's that?" Dylan asked me.

"The results from the DNA test," I told him.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Let's open it," Dylan said.

"Okay let's do it," I said opening the letter.

The results are 100% positive Trinity Ann Brownstone is the biological mother to Stella Rose Bronestone. It is 100% positive that the father of Stella Rose Bronestone is Ryan Jackson Smith.

My mouth dropped wide open when I saw the results of the test. Not saying anything Dylan grabbed the papers from me. His jaw dropped as well. This meant that Carl could have known about the switch this whole time. He could be in on this plan, but I would have to catch him in the act. These next several days were spent with Rose and Dylan. Dylan mainly because he didn't want to leave me by myself for long periods of time.

That moment everything had changed for me. Not only was there this huge lie and secret, but the two people I trusted for so long hurt me the most. Unless Carl truly didn't know about all this? On my way to the hospital to meet Trinity for the second test, a message came across my phone. It didn't have a name on it, all the message said was want the truth? Meet me at midnight under the big oak tree in the park. Thinking about the words that came across my phone, reminded me of something I read in the newspaper articles. Maybe it was someone who was friends with Trinity and Rose?

Or maybe it was someone that did not know either of them but knew about what happened all those years ago. I waited up that night to make sure everyone was asleep before leaving the house. Dylan met me on the street and we rode our bikes to the park. I noticed a big oak tree in the middle of the park. Dylan headed towards the tree making sure that it was safe. Once we got there I sent a message to the number. Soon after that someone came out from behind the tree.

"Thank you for coming," the person said to me.

"Not a problem. So what do you have for me?" I asked the person.

"Stella, here inside this folder are all the news reports from when your mom went missing," the person said.

Before I could thank them they left. Dylan grabbed my bike and we headed back home. Once we got there we went straight up to my room. Trinity was awake and was yelling at Rose down stairs saying that this was all her fault. None of this would have been going on if she wouldn't have been making noises that night in the basement. Rose was the one who was lying and making it all up and pretending to be her sister just to keep me for herself. Lying to me about who my real parents were my whole life. Keeping me hidden from the outside world for fear I would have found out sooner. Listening to them yell back and forth made me want to tell them I know the truth, and that I will soon go public about it. That would not help anything at all though, that would just start a fight. Until I have solid proof I can not say anything to either of them.