5|| Losing Count

Night 2-Day 3

"Purple?" Foliage called. There was no response. "Oh, no..."

"Bluegrass?" Grass said in unison with Foliage. "Oh, don't tell me..."

"I know for a fact that Diff. Chart died..." Wild Marker said.

"Yeah, I think we can all agree." Candy Cane's voice was low in the dark room.

"I didn't expect Marker to die that quick, though," Dark Markery exclaimed. "It should be a personal best, if you ask me."

Triple-Scoop stifled a laugh. "That— That was absolutely beautiful. Humor like that — it's my favorite type."

After that, the lights gradually flickered back on. "All right!" the PA voice chimed. "Let's get on with this charade, shall we?"

When the lights were completely on, the PA speaker had announced three deaths, Difficulty Chart and Purple — both killed by the Clown, who everyone knew was Danger — and Bluegrass, killed by the Murderer.

Purple and Difficulty Chart were both shot in the head, and Bluegrass had been drowned in the bathroom sink.

"Wow, so three people died that night," Peppermint remarked sadly. "We're losing people by the second..."

Mint embraced his boyfriend. "It'll be fine, okay?" he comforted. "I promise you, we'll come out of this game alive."

"Hey! You better promise me that too, you know?" Triple-Scoop exclaimed.

"Awww... what an adorable moment!" the PA voice said. "But that moment ends now. If you have something to say about the deaths — whether it be clues or accusations — say them now."

"I thought of a couple more people," Peppermint mentioned. "This time, it's people who I think are on the Evil Team." He turned to the PA. "There is an Evil Team, correct?"

"Yeah, you're right." the PA speaker replied.

Peppermint nodded, and started to list his suspects. Those three people were Forbidden, Mint, and Grass.

"Why'd you put me on that list?" Mint asked.

"A filler, I guess," Peppermint said. "My note said that I'm required to write three people down."

"Foliage was visited by Wild," Candy Cane said bluntly. "I don't know what he did to them, but that's all I know."

"Ohh!" Foliage exclaimed. "Is that why I received a muffin when the lights turned off?"

Wild nodded. "Yeah, that was me," he said. "I've been giving most of my muffins to Forbidden, you know, as a signal to let him know I'm still there."

"How adorable!" the PA voice exclaimed.

"Wait, guys," Dark Markery warned, "what about Grass? He's been silent for the majority of the game."

"Hey, you're the one to talk!" Grass retorted. "You haven't been talking much either!"

"Sure, that's right," Dark Markery replied, slightly smiling, "but you've been talking a bit less. Actually, you haven't talked until Bluegrass died, haven't you?"

"Well— Yes, that's correct, but—" Grass began.

"It makes sense, doesn't it?" Dark Markery explained. "Staying quiet until you kill someone close? It gives you a reason to talk, and a cover-up as well!"

"I agree with DM," Triple-Scoop said, stepping up. "I checked Grass' role, and I found out that he's on the Evil Team."

Grass was struggling with his words now. "Yes, that makes sense, but— but I wouldn't do— I mean, I could— agh, I don't know what to think anymore!"

"Well, how about I make one thing clear?" Dark Markery asked, his voice low and menacing. "You'll be meeting your brother soon, if you know what I mean."

"All right, everyone." the PA voice announced. "Conversation time is over; it is now time to vote."

"Okay," Dark Markery began. "Who's all for getting rid of Grass?"

Dark Markery, Triple-Scoop, and almost all of the other players raised their hands.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me..." Grass mumbled.

"Huh, all right then!" The clicking of buttons emerged from the speaker. "Say good-bye to Grass, guys!"

"Before I leave, I just want to say that I hate you all," Grass exclaimed jokingly.

"Eh, that's fair." Dark Markery shrugged. "See you in the afterlife, I guess."

"You too," Grass replied. With that, he faded into nothingness, and his journal dropped to the ground.

This time, Foliage was the one to pick it up. They sighed. "We made a good choice."

Triple-Scoop was confused. "What is it? What was his role?"

Foliage met her gaze. "He was a Witch; Evil Team. You called the right shots, Lilac."

"I always do," Dark Markery exclaimed proudly. "And I told you not to call me that!"

"Sorry, sorry," Foliage muttered. "Old habits."

"Okay, everybody!" the PA speaker cheered. "You all know what time it is!"

"The lights are gonna flicker and turn off, aren't they?" Mint asked sarcastically.

Like he said, the lights started flickering. "Exactamundo!" the voice said happily.