Knockout

The next day, Frypan was seeing off Alby and Minho, who were going to look at 'something weird about the Maze'. He knew something was pretty messed up, but that wasn't the only thing bothering him. 

Ever since Thomas arrived, many in the Kitchen had been badmouthing him, and the real him didn't seem even close to doing such things. Frypan wanted to seal their mouths together with treacle tart, but didn't want to risk his cooking skills on yapping idiots. 

 He slowly reduced the vegetable broth to a simmer, deep in thought of Thomas and how he could help him, when Chuck arrived. "Can I have two sandwiches for me and my loyal friend?" he asked in an sappy tone with an accent similar to Newts. "No." Frypan said it without thought : this wasn't the first time Chuck had asked for food when it wasn't the time. "Pleeaaaaassssseeeeee~" Chuck whined, pouting. "Alright," Frypan grumbled, losing to the cute face Chuck had, "But I'm cutting off two pieces of bacon from your dinner." "Aw c'mon!" Chuck argued. Frypan thought nothing of it as he slammed four loaves of bread on the counter. 

                                                                                -----------------

Ben knew it was him. Ever since that runtcheeked face had climbed up the Homestead to 'see Alby and Newt' but was really pressured by Gally into doing so, he knew it. The face held all the details as he remembered it. He didn't even mind the pain the Changing caused him. He wanted the boy dead. With that thought in mind, Ben clambered out of the window, a dagger he had nicked from one of the Medjacks clasped in his arm, and shot towards the Deadheads at top speed. 

                                                                                  ---------------

Thomas was tired from his Track-hoe training all day. All that bending, tending and everything made his knees feel weak. He decided to walk into the Deadheads and probably relax. He was just taking a stroll when he noticed something horrifying : a graveyard. 

Why would there be a graveyard in a place filled with kids?! Thomas wondered as he examined them. About twelve were there, from very old ones like the one of a kid named George, to highly new ones. Thomas observed the graves, and noticed one was different. Around that time, he heard the sound of a branch being snapped. He turned around, there was no one. He focused back on the grave. It was a glass box, with a rotting body in it. The upper half was only there. There was also small writing on the box - 

Let this half-shank be a warning to all; 

You can't escape through the Box Hole. 

This disappointed Thomas slightly, for he had been wanting to do that ever since he got there. Another sound. Thomas stood up, looking around. "Hello?!" he called out. A figure soon jumped onto him. Thomas fought back, doing his best to not get bitten or stabbed by a random dagger. He managed to get his feet under him and ran away, at top speed, trying to reach the edge. But as he was about to make it, he felt a sharp spear being slammed into his skull before the world faded to black.