Dreams

He must be younger than 5, Newt thought. He's with a younger girl that looks just like him and two other people, grown-ups. A man and a woman. His parents. Newt knows it. The kids were looking outside a window, looking at snow. Soon, the door bangs open. Strange people begin to arrive. Newt was horror-struck as he watched his parents get shot as they struggle to pull his sister away. They drop dead to the floor. 

He couldn't take it anymore. He woke up, tears on his face. 

"Newt?" 

He looked up to see a dark-skinned 17-year-old male looking at him. "Oh, hi Alby," Newt said, running a hand through his blonde hair, "Must've dozed off again, sorry-" "That's not the matter," Alby interjected, sitting down beside Newt. "Am I the only one getting strange dreams about stuff that's supposedly my past?!" the leader of the Glade asked. "Ya ain't alone, Admiral Alby," said an Asian boy with tar black hair and sweat on his face. "Hey Minho," said Alby, "Did the Grievers ask you on a night out again?" "How'd you know?" Minho replied, plopping on the ground beside the two boys, staring at the setting sun, "I declined the offer, not really my type." 

"Anyway, back to topic," said Newt, who was getting ever more curious about these dreams, "I'm not the only one having them dreams?" Alby and Minho shook their heads. "I've been having them for over a week now," Minho said, "And, from what I know, you guys were there too, and we seemed pretty close before this crap." "There was a guy and a girl as well right, including Chuck?" Alby asked. "I ain't sure 'bout that, Alby," Newt quipped, "All I saw was..." 

He couldn't help it. He burst into tears. 

"Newt!" Minho said, flabbergasted, pulling Newt into a hug at once, "What's wrong?" "My...my parents..." sobbed Newt, whose voice started to crack, "I saw them...dead. Whoever put us here...killed our p-parents for it! I have a sister too! Who knows what the bloody hell had h-happened to her!" Alby and Minho were lost for words. Gladers had begun milling around to see what was going on, and Alby shooed them away. "I guess these are our memories," Minho said, his hand on his head. Newt choked on a sob. Minho patted him and whispered, "It's okay, Newt, it's fine." Newt only cried harder at that. 

                                                                            ---------------

Thomas looked on with the world crushing in his heart. The fact that these people had the nerve to shove their horrifying memories into their brains was just...sick. He would've exchanged everything he had, including his Xbox, just to forget the horrors that had happened to the world. He sighed. Newt...the one who managed to stay calm at all times...seeing him break down as he remembered Lizzy hurt Thomas deeply. 

                                                                           ---------------

Gally was livid. He had seen the face of a young insolent teenage boy and his girlfriend screw their lives up in his dreams, or past memories, however you looked at it. They were working on par with whoever sent them there. Fury like none other raged in his heart, all replaced by a deep sadness. He could do nothing, even if he had the guts to. He couldn't even fight properly. He only picked on people for himself to feel confident. Gally then broke down for the fifth time that day. His best friend, an acne-covered kid named Winston, patted him on the back. "It's okay, Gally," he said, trying to calm the boy down.