paso o paso

It starts at 10 that doesn't mean leave at 10. This isn't fair at all.

8:45 is alright. The good thing is that I'm right around the corner.

"Oh, you blinging today, huh?" 10 asked as I walked into the living room grabbing some snacks as I put my coat on.

"Yeah, I am but I'm late," I explained.

"Oh you going to see babygirl, that's why you are shining so hard, huh?" 10 asked as he smiled leaning back onto the couch, facing me.

"You better believe it!!!!" I said as I checked myself to make sure I have everything.

10 laughed as he watched me.
"Say, Ken!!!!"

I opened the door and as it closed slowly in my face

"ALL DAY!!!!" I screamed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad I'm tall because my long legs are what's saving me right now.

I'm almost at the corner, I'm making good time, too.

4th floor, 408, found it.

Oh, a doorbell? Que fancy?

"Good Morning," I said as the door clicked open.

Wow, that's beautiful if I've ever seen it.

"Good Morning, come in." She said as she hugged me before walking back into her apartment.

I followed her in, locked the door and when I turned back around she had disappeared, I was alone standing in the space by the front door but not for long as I heard her coming back.

"I'm leaving, you can walk with me until then." She explained.

"You're so sweet. I came to be with you." I told her.

She finished putting on her coat and as we stepped into the hallway, she turned to make sure that the door shut and didn't budge.

"Okay, now we can go." She said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walked through the glass doors and descended the stairs.

I checked my watch 9:15

"We're making good time," I told her.

"Yes, I see that. This is usually when I leave so I'm excited."

"But we're going to take the shuttle though." She added.

As she swiped her card twice and informed the driver that we were together, I couldn't help but smile.

She's claiming me.

We sat in the first two empty seats we saw.

"Do you usually take the shuttle?" I asked her as the bus moved down the street.

"No, I usually walk." She said.

I didn't say anything.

"Oh, I held you up. I'm sorry." I said as I got sad for keeping her waiting.

"We're fine, don't worry." She said as she rubbed the top of my hand.

"Come on." She said and I stood up as the bus came to a stop.

"Is where we are going close to this stop?" I asked not wanting to make her walk too far.

"Yes, it's right here." She said as she gestured towards the building right in front of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Does anyone sit next to you? I don't wanna mess with an unassigned assigned seat." I explained.