up, down, and all around

I'm telling you this is not a good idea," Ken said as they walked down the hallway.

"Why not?" 10 asked.

"Because it just isn't," Ken explained.

"Okay, but don't you wanna know?" 10 asked.

"No, because if it's not in my favor im going to be sad."

"No, at least knock first. Don't do that. Why would she leave her door unlocked?" Ken's next sentence was caught in his throat when he saw the shiny silver key held on a single key ring dangling from Three's finger as he turned the knob and pushed the door open.

"I don't want to know. Whoever she picks will have that key." Ken said as he snatched it and placed it on the kitchen counter as they passed it.

"What if she's not home?" 10 asked.

"Then we wait for her outside. This is already been intrusive." Ken explained.

They rounded the corner and heading down to the end of the hall where her room was, with Three leading the pack.

How did he know where to go?

"Comfortable as fuck, huh, Three?" 10 said as he too peeped that he was navigating through the apartment with ease.

"It's not like that." Three said as he opened the door.

The room was spacious for a college dorm room. As they walked in, there she was, sleeping. They all just watched for a while.

She slowly turned towards them.
"Don't look, she might be naked," YB told his friends.

"No, she's classy, she's not naked." Three explained.

As they watched on, she fully faced them, in her sleep she wrapped the blankets up around her more and up to her face with only her eyes, well eyelids were visible.

She slowly moved some more before her eyes peeked open.

The guys quietly backed out of her room and went to wait in her lounge area.

As the guys sat and waited. Ken was still practicing what he was going to say as he did on the walk over here.

When he felt that he had his words together

Ken spoke up.

"We were just wondering who you want? Me, Ben, Three."

"No not me!" Three and 10 chimed in.
Ken ignored him.

"As I said, Me, Ben, or THREE, them niggas from outside before, or that bitch, Julian. Talking about " well as long as you're safe". So who is it?"
He knew she would be smiling because she was always smiling.

She would cover her face because all the guys would be watching her.

"Well?" 10 asked.

"What?" Ken asked.

"Is that all you're going to say to her?!" 10 shouted.

"Shhhh!!!!!" Three shushed.

10 crossed his arms and leaned further down in his seat.

"It better be my brother." 10 mumbled.

"Exactly, or we finding them." Three said.

"If whoever she pick ain't my brother." 10 agreed as he and Three shook hands.

"Let's go. This has been intrusive enough." Ken said

The two boys patted him on the back and chest simultaneously.

As they saw themselves out, he placed the key on her dresser.

Before following the boys out and as the front door jammed behind him.

She could hear a soft voice say as snuggled in for more sleep.

"Sweet dreams, Ms. Hawkins."