what to do when you're home alone with a really hot boy

TW: mentions of hospitals and child abuse

A/N: now it's a good this is called fanFICTION because per title, i would never know, but that doesn't matter since this is all about liam and not me :)

The two boys remained standing in Liam's living room, where they had been for the past 10 minutes, in silence.

Liam was the first to say something.

"Are you thirsty? I can get you some water or something if you want," he offered even though he felt slightly nervous.

"I think I could go for a drink right about now. I mean I'm definitely thirsty... unless you're offering something else?" Theo answered.

He'd taken a pause in between his sentences allowing himself to take a small step forward and enter Liam's personal space, adding his sadistic grin just to make Liam's blood run hot.

If anyone asked him though, Theo had no effect on him.

Mason voice ringing in his head helped to remind him that.

"He is not a good person."

"He's a player, Liam."

Liam was too 'embarrassed' to talk after Theo's proposal to answer, so he settled on awkwardly staring at him until he'd made it all the way into his kitchen.

Once he was all the way inside, Liam started to reprimand himself by smacking himself of the head and calling himself an "idiot".

He was just about to open the fridge, when he'd realised that he hadn't even asked Theo what he actually wanted to drink.

"I'm so stupid, but I realised that I never ask- don't touch that!" Liam yelled, cutting himself off when he saw the other boy holding a very familiar photo frame in his hands.

"Do you always touch other people's stuff or is it just mine?" he added, his tone coming off rather harshly.

"Sorry, I just- it's not your stepdad and I-"

"Not it's not. Why do you even know that, because I've never told you tha-"

"He's always telling me about his stepson or his son I guess and so when I saw pictures of him and you I just... guessed," Theo explained.

His dad was a surgeon.

Why was Theo talking to his dad?

"Theo?"

"Liam?"

"My dad is a surgeon. You do know that, right?"

"I'm not an idiot, Liam."

"Oh."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Everybody's always got questions when I tell them about it, so just spit it out cupcake."

Obviously he wanted to ask every type of question he could think about, but he didn't want to be rude by overstepping since him and Theo didn't really know eachother that well.

They were just two boys where their whole 'thing' was that one would occasionally flirt with the other.

"I don't want to be rude by asking you."

"When I was 9 I had a heart transplant surgery and I have to go to the hospital every month for check ups in case I've exerted myself too much or something is wrong with my heart, but I'm perfectly healthy. There now you weren't rude because I told you."

All Liam could get out of his mouth was "shit".

"I know right," Theo laughed.

"Yeah- yeah."

"Since I told you one thing about me, how about you tell me something about you?"

It seemed like a fair enough trade.

"That's my dad- in- in the photo, but it doesn't matter since he's dead now," Liam answered, as his hands stroked across the frame of the picture.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. He was an abusive asshole and I'm glad he's dead. All he ever did was-"

Theo could see that Liam was fighting back his tears so he offered Liam an out, whilst he gently rested his hand on his shoulder.

"You don't have to tell me if it's too much."

"I- I want to."

"Are you sure, because it's oka-"

"I trust you."

Those three words instantly silenced him.

"My mum and my dad met when they were only 18, but they rushed into marriage because my mum was pregnant with me and his family was really religious. I think they might still be actually since they- I'm getting side tracked, but basically he trapped himself in a marriage he didn't want to be a part of instead of just leaving, which honestly would of been better, sadly it never happened and my mum was too scared to do anything about it."

Liam took a second to catch his breath, before he continued his explanation.

"As the years went on he just got more aggressive and he started drinking more. I'm not sure whether he has ever hit my mum or not, especially when he use to always take it out on me and is the whole reason I have ied and- I don't think I wanna talk about this anymore."

His face was stained by all the tears that had managed to escape, making him feel weak and vulnerable.

Two feelings he didn't like, in fact two feeling he hated because of his so called dad.

"I-"

Theo didn't allow him to speak.

He pulled Liam tight into his arms, wrapping him tight into a hug and told the blond boy to just breathe, so he did.

Liam breathed for the first time in what felt like years, and he cried as Theo held him in his arms.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologise for anything, you hear me?"

"I got your shirt all wet though."

"That's okay," Theo shrugged it off.

"Bu-"

Theo leaned back from the hug as he stripped out of his shirt, leaning back into Liam.

"Problem solved."

He was too tired to fight.

Liam lent back into Theo's touch, and let his bare torso wrap around him tightly.

"Do you wanna watch tv?"

"What do you wanna watch?"

"Whatever you wanna watch baby."

The cupcake nickname hadn't bothered him and neither did the baby, yet there was just something about it that made him feel so special when Theo said it.

"Thank you," he whispered into Theo's chest as the pair started to watch the first episode.

"I'll always be here."

He couldn't help himself from thinking about wrong his bestfriend and his boyfriend were.

Theo was one of the best people he knew and he was going to keep him for as long as he could.

A/N: this took a very sad and unexpected turn that you would've never have expected based off the title and i wasn't expecting to write this either 😢

sorry for the lack of nicknames... anyways i'll see you at the next chapter 😘