Chapter 24 - Two enemies Looming.

Merca had finally found her way out of the base and contacted Malketa to pick her up. Once done she left and met up with Vontaine and Fritz on island 13.

"Hey, so what's going on?" She asked quickly.

Vontaine and Malibu explained the situation at hand. How Gladius threatened a galactic war by halting trade between two neighbouring galaxies just to make more money from his weapons business.

The plot was unfolding before their eyes. Everything started to make sense, the letter, the hub, the fact Gladius was a political figure and controlled a massive intergalactic trading hub. Having the ability to cripple systems just by halting trade.

"That's diabolical but incredibly smart, I wonder how he did all of that unnoticed," Merca said intrigued.

"Yeah, shit is gonna hit the fan if we don't do something," Fritz added.

"What's even worse is that he had an onslaught of bodyguards, practically his personal army," Malibu stated.

"How many we talkin'?".

"Probably about 50 or so," he affirmed.

"Shit, that is a lot," Vontaine agreed.

"Yeah. Anyway, could somebody patch me up? I know we're meant to be enemies but if there's a way to stop him I wanna help," Malibu breathed.

"Yeah, I don't blame you... hang on," Vontaine said before calling Tiggy.

"Hello? Vontaine is that you?" He said after answering.

"Yeah hey Tiggy. Look, we've got a man named Kenkai Malibu, he's one of Kree's bodyguards and we've just learned some pretty devastating news," Vontaine explained.

"Oh my, what is it?".

"I need you to organize a carrying vessel, we need medical help for him," he pleaded.

"What? You intend to help the enemy?" Tiggy responded in shock.

"Look, I'll explain when I'm with, for now I need a medic OK?" He asked.

"Uhh, alright fine but if this goes south it's on you!" Tiggy said ending the call.

While they waited, they gathered up the soldiers that Malibu had killed, put them in body bags, and brung them back to island 13. The carrier vessel arrived soon after and they loaded everyone on board, including Malibu. Vontaine stayed with him but Merca and Fritz took the Alcrist 2.

They made it back to island 47 where Vontaine explained everything to Tiggy. There was an air of dread in the room as Vontaine spoke, the subject of imminent war was not to be taken lightly.

At the same time, Malibu had sustained serious damage that needed urgent treatment but he refused to go to the med bay. So as everyone talked he was being worked on by various nurses. The holes in his back from Fritz's swords ran deep and needed stitching. So they administered pain killer before stitching him up and bandaging his wounds.

"Oh, dear. And you, Kenkai Malibu... you don't want war?" Tiggy asked.

"No of course not," he answered, getting comfortable in his wrappings.

"Do we have any more information? Anything else you could tell us?" Tiggy asked in concern.

"Yes actually. Now that I'm feeling better my brain is working again. The galaxies he intends to make go to war. The first is called Alpha polshigi B, then the other is Alpha Polshigi S," he informed.

"Weird names," Fritz said.

"Yeah, I know. Other alien races named them so what do you expect," Malibu replied.