U.S.C.

The next morning, I wake up bright and early, eager to open the letter. I'm just from a small town, in a small state. The smallest in fact. Little Rhode Island. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it here, but it just doesn't meet my standards. I want to be free. Live in a big city. Travel the world. What's in this letter could give me that oppertunity. I set myself up on our cold, marble top of the island in the middle of the kitchen. A box of donuts sits on the counter and i grab a chocolate glazed one and place it on the island next to my cup of fresh brewed coffee. I sit on the stool, and stare at the envelope. In the upper right corner, the letters U.S.C. are insricpted in a beyond fancy manuscript. I should probably wait until my parents are awake, but I can't contain myself. I need to know.
I gently tear the envelope open with a shaky finger, and pull out the paper inside.
what's the big deal, I think. Just words on a page, just ink on paper. But it's more than that. These specific words can change my life.
I unfold the page, trying not to let my eyes wander...
Dear Miss Krista R. Maro,
We here at the University of Southern California would like to formally congratulate you on your acceptance into the film school here at U.S.C. We would enjoy having you in our school community. Your scholarship has been reviewed by our community, and we would like to also inform you that we would be happy to finish paying for your tuition for the other two years that were not included in your initial scholarship. If you are still interested, please come to our open house (invention only) with one guest. Hope to see you then.
Sincerly,
The University of Southern California Team members.

"Ahhhhhhh!!" I let scream escape my mouth.
My parent come running down the stairs to see of I'm alright.
"I'm beyond alright!" I say with an ear to ear smile. "I GOT IN!!!
They pull me in to a hug and we're all smiling and bubbly.
But that's across the country. Way across. Far away from everyone. My friends, and family. Away from Alex... it would tear us apart. We've been together for 4 1/2 years, and if I go, it could rip us apart. But it's my dream.
What am I going to do?