17

"I have one so to the public eye we are married you got that? last night was a close call.." he said putting the ring in you before putting his own on, he smiled before walking back to the door.

once in town Soap pulled into the parking lot of a nice restaurant, he got out before helping you out then taking your hand and walking to the restaurant, he opened the door for you, you both stood there waiting to be seated, you were fidgeting with the ring a little bit nervous which Soap seemed to notice because he grabbed your hand, once to waiter came, "hello, do you have a reservation?" the waiter asked so which Soap nodded, "yes. it should be under John Mactavish." he said smoothly, the waiter looked on the list, "ah yes..Mr and Mrs Mactavish" the waiter looked at the two of you with a smile "this way please" the waiter said leading the both of you to a nicely set up table, Soap let go of your hand as he went to go sit down, you sat down as the waiter walked away, you were going to say something before you hear..her.. obnoxious voice, "John what are you doing here with her?!" she stormed over to our table, Soap just ignored her and continued to look at you, to which she immediately looked at you to, you looked at her as she glared at you, you just sat there with a straight face. "he's having lunch with his.." you looked at Soap before looking back at her as you showed her the ring with a grin as she just stared at it in anger and shock she looked at Soap, "you are married?!" she yelled, her boss came over quietly, "Amanda! leave those costumes alone and get back to work!" he yelled to which she scoffed and quickly got back to work, Soap immediately turned to you, "I am so sorry I did not know she works here." he said looking at you for any sigh of anger to which you laughed, "Its fine" you smiled warmly to him as he calmed down a bit.

after lunch you asked him if he could take you to a store you saw while coming into the small town, he gave a strange look, "a thrift store?" he looked back to the road "what do you need there?" he laughed a bit, you just smiled, "I dont know yet..but we will soon find out" you looked at him still smiling, he glanced at you before laughing as he turned into the parking lot, "well I guess we are going thrifting" he said getting out of the truck to which you quickly followed, you both walked into the store to look around, you found everything fascinating you loved thrift shopping you always found cool things that you don't need but want.

as you and Soap walked through the aisles you spotted out some old games to which you when to, "games?" you heard Soap mutter as he walked up to you, he looked over all the games "hm..you know how to play poker?" he asked which you shook your head to "no?! you father John Price has never taught you how to play??" he looked at you in shock as you just laugh "not that I can remember no" you said slightly looking up at him, "don't look at me like that." he said to which you just smiled "like what?" you said turning around to look at him "we need to make another stop." he said before grabbing your hand and leaving the store "where are we going?" you said innocently to which he didn't respond he just helped you in the truck before getting in on his own side and drove off, the ride was quite..you hated when it got quiet did you do something? you asked yourself, Soap pulled into a parking lot before hopping out of the truck "stay here Ill be quick" he said before closing the door and going inside the store, you sat there for a minute looking at the store waiting for Soap to reappear. It wasn't long before he did reappear was a bag, he made is way to the truck before getting in "whats in there?" you asked looking at the bag "you will know later" he said before hitting the highways back to the safe house.

the drive was long but Soap seemed to be in a mood but hes too unreadable to even tell once you arrived back to the house you both got out and went inside, it was dark and looked like it was going to rain like always, you hoped it wouldn't storm. you still hated those, you must've been standing there for a while because you heard soap clear his throat causing you to snap out of your thoughts and look at him "are you coming princess or are you going to stay out in the rain?" he joked waiting for you at the door, you quickly made you way over to him, you went to your room to change into something more comfortable, you put on some shorts and a T-shirt that was too big for you...probably because it was Soaps, you decided to go braless as you didn't think you would need it, you brushed your hair before going back to to see soap on the couch in a plain black T-shirt with grey sweat pants on, you started to blush slightly at the sight of him, he must've caught you staring because he smiled a bit has he slowly turned to look at you "trust me..its better up close" he teased patting the spot next to him, you wanted to hit it. but you went to sit with him anyways.

after a while of watching tv, you were leaning against Soap half asleep until a boom of thought hit causing you to jump right off the couch, Soap laughed as he helped you up "aw the little princess is still scared of thunder?" he joked pulling you close to him, you protested at his comment from earlier to which he laughed more, more thunder struck and not a second later..the house went pitch black.