(𓆩♡𓆪 Awareness 2 | Vincent x Fem Reader x Genesis AU

Warning! Yandere Themes.

Requested by: PrincessChan236

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Second POV

For hours you stared at the canvas on the far side of the room, wondering what had happened. Your mind feels fuzzy and wide awake as you fiddle with a paintbrush. During those times, you tried convincing yourself that what you saw and felt was a trick of the mind, but the memory replays in your mind like a broken record, leaving you sighing with anticipation. You look down at your hand where the pencil once rested. You felt two pairs of fingers brush against your skin before taking the pencil; it felt like an electrical shock ran through you before retracting your hand. What was that? Were those human hands? Your eyes widen as you trail your gaze to the painting of Vincent and Genesis.

"No...No way..." You shuffle off the ground, grab another pencil, and rush to the canvas. With a deep, shaky sigh, you tap it onto the painting. A tiny gleam of light swirls around the pencil, making you lean closer with wide eyes. Like a calling you, you place your fingertips onto the canvas, witnessing a ray of divine light rippling on the painting. A sudden rush of wind kisses your skin as the sparkling glow grows wider until it consumes the whole easel, revealing a large rip in reality. Magic intertwines in the air, like vines, as you drop the pencil; the room you stand in no longer seems blurry.

"What is this...?" Like a moth to the light, you step into the ripped reality, your body tingling with warmth.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

You open your eyes to the feeling of warm water rushing along your ankles, rays of sunlight kissing your face. You take in the incredible sight of the lush emerald forest, seeing green strings of life flowing past the trees and the small lake you stand in.

"The lifestream..." you think, your body quivering with excitement and curiosity. The green strings of life soon flow around you, making you giggle at the warm feeling. You move your hand to touch it before it suddenly flows away and through the woods.

"Hey! Wait!"

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.──

After the lifestream seemingly toys with you for a while, it brings you to a cliff; the vast scenery of the ocean has your mouth agape. The surface of the water sparkles like dozens of jewels in the sunlight as the waves collide against several massive rocks pocking out of the sea.

"This is Gaia?" you mumble, watching the lifestream flow down the cliff and journey above the water, soon swirling up to one of the large rock formations. You notice a small red dot, and for a split second, you feel your heart blossom with butterflies.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

You gasp at the figure soaring above the sea and up the cliff before landing elegantly before you, red fabric fluttering in the breeze. Eyes filled with blood trail up to you, pale, sharp features forming an astonished expression as raven locks flutter in the breeze. You two stare at each other before you gingerly walk forward.

"Is it you, Vincent?" His gaze widens before he takes your hand into his grasp to examine it, his fingers brushing your knuckles. It is silent for a moment.

"This hand...it must be you." Your eyes widen as you melt like warm chocolate at his voice.

"The hand that offered a pencil through a portal."

"Wait, pencil? Was it him that took it?"

Before you can think any further, Vincent brings your hand up to his cheek, his eyes fluttering close with his lips slightly parting. Your heart throbs as you stare at him in shock.