𓆩♡𓆪 Carefree 1 | Cloud Strife X OC

GIF by: renasy on Tumblr

Requested by: clover_cloud738

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Third POV

Blueish green lights illuminate the way for Cloud and his friends as they rush across the rooftop of the Shinra building; the Whispers that soar around the tower appear almost camouflaged against the darkened void-like sky.

"Hey, did you get your man?" Barret asks as they come to a stop near the helipad. The merc looks at him with a confused expression before looking away, the image of Sephiroth escaping between his fingers once again flashing in his mind.

"He got away." Barret chuckles as he wipes up his glasses and puts them on.

"'Bout time we made our escape too." The group nods as they look up at the helicopter flying towards the helipad, the white Avalanche symbol sparking hope and relief. Cloud watches it loam closer with a sigh, reminding himself not to relax until this is over.

In an instant, the hopeful mood vanishes when the helicopter suddenly combusts in flurries of red and orange, the flames devouring it without hesitation. In utter horror and anguish, Barret and the others watch the chunk of metal descend from the sky, unable to protest or wail. Something flickers near the corner of Clouds' eyes, drawing his attention to see yet another flying machine loam closer towards them, the Shinra logo sticking out like a sore thumb.

"Shit," Cloud says before leading his friends away from the helipad.

The merc looks over to see the flying machine landing on the ground, the doors wide open to reveal several armed officers rushing out before seeing the son of Shinra leaning out with a smirk, his canine companion beside him with his teeth bared.

With narrow eyes, Clouds halts to gaze at the blond man and his dog jumping off the chopper, his calm yet intimidating expression identical to his father's.

"If it ain't Rufus Shinra. Heir to the throne himself," Barret says with disgust. The group watches Rufus signal the pilots to depart, and soon, the helicopter flies away, leaving the blond man with the ego terrorists.

"That's bold," Cloud thinks, noticing Barrets' face scrunching into an irritated expression.

"Don't," the merc says bluntly just before the man with a gun for an arm dashes toward the armed men.

"Huh?! The hell I will! We can finish the family off the family right here!" Cloud mentally sighs, understanding where he's coming from. But with a serious expression, he looks at him and says,

"Take Aerith and get out of here. I'll buy you guys some time." Cloud turns to the armed officers walking toward the group. Barret tries to protest but receives a calm response.