rain on my shoulders.

the dark eyed girl idly stands, the balmy breeze blowing her matted, brown hair slightly, as she stands, full of thought, full of emotion, in the small stretch of dead grass and decaying concrete structures that were once a playground. the sand was littered with various things, dirt, litter, animal litter. she looks at the crumpled, soggy cigarette in her pale hand. she sighs and takes out her lighter, a rusty old thing, and puts fire to the end of the cigarette. her hands are trembling, her breath unsteady. she sticks it in her mouth, and feels the papery end rubbing against her lips. the smoke seeps into her lungs. tears swell up in her eyes, and trickled on her cheeks, silently, while her mascara smudges and forms into grey clouds under her eyes. she wipes her eyes with her hands, and throws the cigarette on the ground, crushing the ash and tearing the paper with the sole of her shoe. smoke rises from it, and the thick smell of cigarette sinks into her nostrils. sullen, she trudges away with her head full of worries. rain clumsily hurtles down from the faint grey clouds above, soaking in to her wrinkled school shirt, and absorbing through the cheap material on time get cold skin.
"i hate rain, " mutters the girl, while finding shade under an abandoned wooden stall of some kind, which she assumes used to be some sort of market stall. the wall is covered in faded paint, and rust peeling off from it. she sighs.her mind is full of worries and regrets, rushing around her head like a storm. she stares blankly at the sky.