Chapter 12

_ . _

Chapter 12

The guest room inside the eastern border's palace was enveloped with breathless tension between three men. Two men were sitting beside each other on the sofa with smug faces on their faces, while the other one was on the other side of the sofa, looking at the two in disbelief.

That one man was Marcellus. He heaved a heavy breath before he spoke, "Your Majesty, My Lord, I'm astounded by how you two came here in concern for me."

"No," Erichthonius replied. "You go home."

Marcellus' brows twitched. Samael also spoke, siding with his oh-so-beloved husband. "That's right, Marcellus," Samael said. "Go home."

"......."

Marcellus let out a loud sigh, closed his eyes, and walked out of the door with a face of surrender. He'd rather go back to the Palace of Athens than deal with two psychopath snakes. After Marcellus exited the room, the two couples became silent, just exchanging glances at each other without even saying anything.

"Your Majesty, My Lord..." Samael and Erichthonius shifted their gazes at the familiar voice of a woman who entered the room. "You shouldn't be awkward with each other. Try to smile, hmm? It would be nice if you two could also move closer to each other." It was Tacia.

Hearing Tacia's words. Samael's face immediately soured, and he internally continued to shake his head vigorously inside his mind. "This is none of your business. By the way, what made you come here?"

Tacia replied, "I advise you two to go to the east border immediately. The situation has become dire. However, we had the general's son take care of it somehow."

Samael titled his head, "The General's son? You mean that girl, Ishtal?"

"Yes, My Lord," Tacia answered. "Her son is the second capable soldier in Athens. His ability was also praised by God Ares because the sharpness of his sword can pierce the sturdy skin of the titans despite being human."

"Hmm, I see." Samael nodded, looking intrigued. He stood up and walked towards Tacia, while Erichthonius quietly followed him from behind.

"Let's go," Samael said.

Tacia nodded and paved the way for the two of them. "This way, My Lord, Your Majesty." She started walking while the two followed her behind.

Samael turned his gaze back at the young king. His brows raised as he whispered in astonishment, "You're surprisingly quiet today. What happened to you telling me to know my place? Are you finally seeing my worth?"

"........"

"Can't you at least answer?" Samael said irritatingly.

".....I'm observing."

"Who?"

"You."

"........"

Samael sighed and rolled his eyes. "Nevermind. What a weird guy," he mumbled as he walked ahead to follow Tacia.

Arriving at the eastern border, the orange glisten of the sunset seems to hit their eyes. Samael covered his eyes with his hands as his vision slowly regained clarity at the sight of the broken houses and lands beyond the border.